For Those That Have Taken The 3 Wilton Cake Courses...

Decorating By happypage Updated 23 Nov 2005 , 2:54am by Lovabledes

happypage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happypage Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 9

Could you tell me what each class covers (the ones Michael's offers - Wilton Cake Decorating I, II and III)?

Thanks in advance!

8 replies
melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 9

the first course covers basic cake baking and decorating, some boarders and the rose
#2 is all royal flowers, boarders, and color flow
#3 is wedding cake/ stacked cake

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 9

I took all the classes back in 2000. In Course III,the only fondant we did was the clown cake. I was looking at the kit last and it looks like they also do some flowers and bows in fondant. Is that true?

happypage Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks Melodyscakes. I'll be taking the first course starting December 6th and I guess I was wondering if they cover fondant, bows, etc. at some point in one of those classes or should I try to find a separate class for that (and if so, should I wait to take all three courses before starting on other classes covering fondant, bows, etc.). Thanks again for any help icon_smile.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by happypage

Thanks Melodyscakes. I'll be taking the first course starting December 6th and I guess I was wondering if they cover fondant, bows, etc. at some point in one of those classes or should I try to find a separate class for that (and if so, should I wait to take all three courses before starting on other classes covering fondant, bows, etc.). Thanks again for any help icon_smile.gif

Course 1 covers:
Basic techniques. How to mix buttercream and correct consistancy. Using the star tip, shell borders, figure piping, Wilton roses, writing and using the round tips, gel transfers, drop flowers, sweet peas, how to torte and fill a cake.

Course 2:
Reverse shell, rosettes, rosebuds, introduction to Royal icing & color flow, chrysanthemums, daisies, voilets, pansies, apple blossoms, petunias, daffodils, basketweave, Victorian Roses

Course 3:
More royal icing flowers, fondant, bows, stacking and tiered cake constuction.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Princess

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

Course 3:
More royal icing flowers, fondant, bows, stacking and tiered cake constuction.

Course 3 also covered cornelli lace, sotas, bead boarder, garland, and string work. The royal icing flowers are made with the lily nail and are the poinsetta, Easter lily, morning glory and petunia. You also learned the fondant rose. icon_smile.gif

happypage Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 1:33am
post #7 of 9

Thanks to both of you icon_smile.gif Whew...even course I seems to cover an awful lot (the class I'll be taking will be on a Tuesday and Thursday for two weeks - two hours each class) condensed to two weeks because of the holidays. Hopefully it will work out okay.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 2:49am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by happypage

Thanks to both of you icon_smile.gif Whew...even course I seems to cover an awful lot (the class I'll be taking will be on a Tuesday and Thursday for two weeks - two hours each class) condensed to two weeks because of the holidays. Hopefully it will work out okay.

I'm doing this with a class this month and with my classes next month.

A few things that might help you out.... You can always bake and freeze if you don't think you are going to have time to do it between classes. Also instead of making a single batch of icing and dividing it up to the three consistancies every week you can make a full batch of each consistency and then pull out what you need. icon_smile.gif

Lovabledes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovabledes Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 2:54am
post #9 of 9

I'm taking the first course then next month I'm taking the 2nd course...I am having fun with the classes, a way to relax.....

Betty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%