Gumpaste/fondant At Michaels

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 23 Feb 2007 , 5:31am by boosqmom

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:00am
post #1 of 15

I stopped in my local store tonight and my Wilton 1-3 teacher was teaching the above course... she said they are having the same class back to back for 3 months. I didn't take it this time because I am about to pop and knew as soon as I went to the 1st class, the baby would come..

is every other michael's offering this class for 3 months back to back?

14 replies
mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:47am
post #2 of 15

My Michael's is offering it in Feb and March so far. However, the class is from 10am - noon, so there's no way I can make it. Unless, of course, my 2 kiddos can come along too!

I may check another Michael's in my area to see if they offer it at a better time. I mean - how many people can really make it in the middle of the day?

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:50am
post #3 of 15

At the Michaels near me for March they are offering the class free with the purchase of the Class 4 kit. I'm signing up tommorrow!
Jacqui

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:51am
post #4 of 15

All Michaels store are supposed to offer the Fodant and Gumpaste Class for 3 months back to back.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 3:29am
post #5 of 15

All Michaels are suppose to be teaching this class. It will continue. Michaels does have the class exclusively until May, at which all the other stores will begin teaching it.

MicheleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicheleH Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 15

I teach at Hobby Lobby, they will start to offer this course in May.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 15

I'm offering the class every month. Maybe her store requires a minimum number of students in the class and she lets it accumlate for 3 months until she has enough in the enrollment... not sure how she's working it ... I can hold a class with one student... they don't require me to have a minimum number... maybe ask if they could do another course before the 3 months ...

kms2402 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kms2402 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 3:49pm
post #8 of 15

My Michael's offered it in February...don't know about March. Had already signed up for a gumpaste class with my school district but that got cancelled. Therefore...I am hoping that Michael's offers it in March.

_angel_1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_angel_1974 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 6:21pm
post #9 of 15

I work at Michael's and we are offering it February, March, and April. My store is also offering the class free with the purchase of a course 4 kit.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleH

I teach at Hobby Lobby, they will start to offer this course in May.

Great to know this!!! Hobby Lobby is where I am taking my classes and I was really hoping they would offer this class soon. icon_biggrin.gif

Lea

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 9:23pm
post #11 of 15

Angel, any clue what the April incentive will be? I don't need the kit (already have almost all the stuff), but would like to save $$ on the course!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 10:56pm
post #12 of 15

At Michaels the classes are not $30.

March's Promo is buy the kit get the class free.
April is 40% off which is $18/
I believe (but please don't quote me on this) that May and June is 30% off which would be $21.

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 9:21pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks! Sounds cheaper to buy the empty caddy with a coupon and get the course for free. I guess I could always use another caddy. Perhaps I will put all my colors in there.

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 9:28pm
post #14 of 15

I'm currently taking the class and I have 1 more. I love working with fondant & gumpaste it is so easy to make flowers & drapes.

boosqmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boosqmom Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:31am
post #15 of 15

What sorts of things have you been learning in this class? I'd love to take it sometime if the timing works out and am curious as to what's covered.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%