How To Use Plastic Cookie Cutter?

Baking By mudpie Updated 22 Nov 2005 , 11:05pm by cakefairy18

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 6:46am
post #1 of 6

Very cute cutters w/ detail lines on them for decorating, etc. Problem...the dough just stuck inside and I had to peel it out into a blob. Tried to flour it, no help. ANy ideas? Thanks.

Oh, using no fail recipe

5 replies
vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 10:59am
post #2 of 6

I have a coupe of these that I bought and tried and the same thing happened. I was told to flour, or pwd sugar, the indents well. I never did try again. Hopefully someone will post and we can both find out. Also, you have to make sure that your dough isn't to thick. It's suppose to just imprint the image.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 11:11am
post #3 of 6

I think you just have to keep playing with it a little to get the hang of it. The thickness has to be just right, and if you get a cookie stuck in the cutter, try easing it out with a butter knife or thin paring knife. It just takes practice--you'll get it.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 6

Hmmm can you try chilling the dough?

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 6

Same thing happened with my rocking horse cookies in my pics. I sprayed the cookie cutter with Pam every once in a while, it really helped.

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 6

I think cake_Princess got it...if the dough is rolled out then chilled, it a little firmer and will be able to hold the shape of those indentations better...my mom used to make those cookies for us when we were kids all the time...she made us butter cookies...mmmm...with sprinkles

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%