How Do You Like Your Eggnog?

Lounge By brinarae Updated 30 Nov 2005 , 9:48pm by llee815

brinarae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brinarae Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 33

Hi everyone, I am just curious how you like your eggnog. My husband and his father like to mix it with Sprite. I think that is disgusting. He thinks I am weird because I mix it with milk since it is so thick on it's own. So, I decided to post to find out how others drink their eggnog. I am hoping someone out there will agree with me, that eggnog and sprite should not be mixed! Yuck!

32 replies
charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 33

Right outta the carton!!! LOL I have never had homemade eggnog...but sprite?? EWWWWWWWWWWW icon_confused.gif

*edited for the brain working faster than the fingers syndrome (spelling)*

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 12:00am
post #3 of 33

How about spiked with rum? icon_wink.gif

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 12:01am
post #4 of 33

I'm not a big fan of eggnog, especially when combined with Sprite, but I got wind of an Eggnog Cheesecake I'm just itching to try.

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 12:02am
post #5 of 33

One carton of egg nog.

One bottle of brandy.

Throw away the egg nog and drink the brandy.

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 12:09am
post #6 of 33

I love it just like it is, but diluting with a little milk might be wise too.

I sure would like to get my hands on the eggnog cheesecake recipe too! I've got one for a nutmeg cheesecake that my mom is nuts over. Probably good with a glass of eggnog.

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 12:22am
post #7 of 33

I like it out of the carton too! Never have had it homemade or spiked. The sprite sounds "different" icon_lol.gif

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 12:27am
post #8 of 33

Have had homemade but much easier to open a carton and add rum or whiskey or brandy or....whatever!

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 1:38am
post #9 of 33

Plain from the carton for me! Maybe a little nutmeg ontop.

Sprite sounds..different. It might be good. Maybe its like coffee soda. icon_confused.gif I dunno. I think i'll try it though. icon_biggrin.gif I'm always up to try new things.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 3:14am
post #10 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinarae

Hi everyone, I am just curious how you like your eggnog. My husband and his father like to mix it with Sprite. I think that is disgusting. He thinks I am weird because I mix it with milk since it is so thick on it's own. So, I decided to post to find out how others drink their eggnog. I am hoping someone out there will agree with me, that eggnog and sprite should not be mixed! Yuck!

Yuck!!!! I wont touch the stuff with my worse enemy's tongue. LOL I think the stuff is disgusting. But That's me... LOL...

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 3:29am
post #11 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgclucas

One carton of egg nog.

One bottle of brandy.

Me too!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 3:47am
post #12 of 33

I like it out of the carton with semi sweet chocolates on the side. So good!!!

Sory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sory Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 3:55am
post #13 of 33

I like to add some Brandy to it... and it's delicious!! icon_lol.gif

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 4:24am
post #14 of 33

I like homemade. If I have to drink it from the carton, I want it with whiskey. I love that flavor. I will drink the homemade with whiskey too.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 4:31am
post #15 of 33

jgclucas...you are pretty funny! icon_lol.gif

I like mine with a little of the spirits as well, sprinkled with nutmeg. I'm also a big fan of Tom & Jerrys during the holidays, but that seems to be a Wisconsin thing; can't get the mix down here in GA.

Sprite???? gag!!! icon_eek.gif

kos

P.S. I have eggnog ice cream in the freezer too! yum.

Randa_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Randa_000 Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 6:20am
post #16 of 33

I like my eggnog left at the store....I never really got the whole egg nog thing....but most people love it......hehehehehe just thought I would share my opnion...=)

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 1:41pm
post #17 of 33

Hey Kos--
I like Tom & Jerry's, too! THey talked about T & J's on Food Network and I just had to try it. Found a recipe online. Now I serve them at my cookie swap with my girlfriends.

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 1:44pm
post #18 of 33

I'll take it any way...I LOVE eggnog!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 1:48pm
post #19 of 33

I like eggnog straight from the carton and I like eggnog with a little milk in it and some whip cream on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yummy!

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 10:54am
post #20 of 33

Hey mac,

Would you share the recipe you found with me, as i'm now dying to try this eggnogg.
I believe it's an american thing, as i have never heard of it before.

Is it something that is only drank with the hollidays?

We have something that sounds simelar to it her in Holland but i don't know if it's the same.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 10:59am
post #21 of 33

http://christmas.allrecipes.com/az/sistggNg.asp

There's a recipe if you want to use it. icon_smile.gif

And yes egg nog is usually only drank during the holidays.

I think i'll have a nice cup right now!

Sophie-Em Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 11:17am
post #22 of 33

I love eggnog period. I have had it homemade and in the carton or plastic jug. Eggnog icecream is the best. I am looking for an eggnog cheesecake and regular cake to make for the holidays. Would anyone have these recipes to share with me? Oh I just polished off a quart of Turkey Hill eggnog. Boy its really alot sweeter than the other brands. Bordon eggnog is really thick.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 11:54pm
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftots

I'm not a big fan of eggnog, especially when combined with Sprite, but I got wind of an Eggnog Cheesecake I'm just itching to try.

Now you're talking! I tried making an Eggnog Cheesecake but in the end I really couldn't taste the eggnog. I hope you have better luck and if you do...would you mind sharing the recipe with me?
icon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 3:59am
post #24 of 33

I love eggnog!!! Especially from my hometown! We have a diaquiri (spelled wrong) shack called Mondelo's in town. They have the best eggnog diaquiri!! Yummy "spirits" rum or whiskey w/ nutmeg sprinkled on the top! Ohhh, weeeee it is good!!! icon_lol.gif I have my 1st one of the season on Thanksgiving night!! Drive to town with my best friend & we each order one! Go down to the Riverbank where all the Christmas lights are & have came on for the first night all year. Sip & talk & look at all the pretty lights! A friendship tradition! I love EGGNOG & my tradition!!!

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 4:09am
post #25 of 33

I like my eggnog mixed with either rum or whiskey, with whipped cream and cinnamon on top..yummy thumbs_up.gif .

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 3:54pm
post #26 of 33

No sooner than Thanksgiving Dinner was over yesterday, my son-in-law took a plate of food to the owner of the liquor store for me (I always feel sorry for anyone working on a holiday) and came back with egg nog and rum. I was so full of dinner that I stared at him in disbelief! icon_surprised.gif Next thing I knew, I was having one also!!! I have a jug of Pusser Rum that was given to me years ago and just broke the wax seal on it about a month ago. It was wonderful with the eggnog with a little nutmeg on top. icon_biggrin.gif Only problem with eggnog is that a person has to put enough rum in it to forget all the calories it carries!!!! My friend makes eggnog and it is really good but nothing like "store bought". Not thick and rich. I figure it has less calories!!!! thumbs_up.gif

As for mixing eggnog and Sprite--if it feels good, do it. I owned a bar for 13 years and saw some pretty strange things mixed together that tasted pretty good.

Jenc95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenc95 Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 5:16am
post #27 of 33

I only like the homemade kind.......and Sprite would totally ruin eggnog if you ask me!! That sounds disgusting!!!!!!!

duckduck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duckduck Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 7:37pm
post #28 of 33

My sister-in-law always mixes it with 7-up. I'm a add-a-little milk person myself. I should dig out my eggnog dip recipe where I mix it with whipped cream and dip fruit in it. Yummy stuff. Too much eggnog is just not enough.

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 5:51pm
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgclucas

One carton of egg nog.

One bottle of brandy.

LOL, that's too funny!

I don't really like eggnog that much. I can tolerate it in sips. My DH CHUGS it out of the carton....A cake with eggnog filling might be good though! I know I also have a recipe for eggnog truffles that I've wanted to try.

Eggnog with Sprite just sounds really gross!!

duckduck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duckduck Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 6:02pm
post #30 of 33

1&1/2 cups eggnog
2 tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon light rum (optional)
assorted fresh fruit

In a medium saucepan mix eggnog and cornstarch and cook over
medium heat stirring until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for two
minutes more. Remove from heat and cover surface with plastic wrap
and cool. Whip cream and sugar to stiff peaks. Fold whip cream,
eggnog mixture, sour cream and rum if desired and chill overnight.
Serve with fruit. Makes 3 cups.

I'd love to try an eggnog truffle if you wouldn't mind sharing the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%