Cupcake Ideas Needed Please!

Decorating By janicecold Updated 20 Feb 2007 , 7:47pm by janicecold

janicecold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicecold Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 8

I have a dinner next week and have to provide a dessert so I thought that I would make some cupcakes for it. I thought about doing the Sour Cream Almond cake mix but thought incase someone was allergic to almonds I would put a different flavoring in. I bought some imitation rum flavoring this morning. Has anyone ever used this flavoring or what would be a better flavoring? I was also wondering how you are supposed to fill cupcakes and what flavors. Any ideas would be really appreciated since I have never done cupcakes for things. Thanks!!

7 replies
janethorp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janethorp Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 8

I love the rum flavoring. It is great!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 8

You can replace the almond with most flavors you like, even just vanilla. For filling, I mix jam with the buttercream and pipe some into the cupcake from the top. A swirl of icing covers the whole.

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 1:47am
post #4 of 8

I actually filled some cupcakes with a mixture of BC, rasberry pie filling and rosewater. It was great!

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 1:51am
post #5 of 8

I just made 400 cupcakes for an event and I made chocolate cupcakes, filled them with cookies and cream buttercream, and iced them with vanilla buttercream making them look like roses. Just an idea if you wanted to go in a different direction!

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 3:00am
post #6 of 8

I believe you asked how to fill cupcakes?

I saw a tip at the craft store that was just a very large cone and it was called a cupcake filler tip. You stick it into the middle and squeeze.

I also do a technique where you cut out a cone shape in the middle of the cupcake, put filling in the hole and place the cone back in. Of course the frosting hides any uneveness this may cause. This method works great.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 9:25am
post #7 of 8

I just made some with chocolate rasberry (Chambord) truffles inside them and they were a huge hit. I topped them with a merengue icing. I made it with Cake Doc's Darn Good Choco. cake but you could make it with white.... Let me know if you want it. PM me...

janicecold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicecold Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 7:47pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks all for the ideas!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%