Need Some Wedding Cake Advice And Help

Decorating By ge978 Updated 28 Nov 2005 , 3:13pm by ge978

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 12:47pm
post #31 of 38

Wow!! Your cake turned out wonderful. All of the colors pulled together. Your customer should be thrilled! Have a great weekend!!
Vicky, MO

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 1:54pm
post #32 of 38

Thank you guys so much!! Gibson- I was worried for me too icon_lol.gif

I was worried about the cake for over a week and kept putting it off until the last minute. It needed to be done Thanksgiving night , so after we had dinner I went in and just kept staring at it trying to figure out what to do. I just started sticking flowers on and I was done in 10 minutes. Once the idea hit me, it wasn't as hard as I was making it out to be.

I guess the bride and her mother were the first ones to see it and they loved it. My dad was the one who delivered it and he said everyone just went crazy. I was so stressed out hoping the bride would like it and now I'm so relieved. I told my dad Thursday that that would be my last wedding cake...he called from the reception hall and said he didn't think so icon_lol.gif

I just want to thank everyone for their encouragement and suggestions...I really needed them to get this cake done.

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 2:54am
post #33 of 38

If you enjoy cake decorating don't quit; you have a great talent and eye. Just take a break and after a while, you'll enjoy it. All of us get burned out!! Have you tried gumpaste flowers? It is completely different and you still keep your hand in it. Good luck and I hope you'll reconsider!!
Vicky, MO

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 2:36pm
post #34 of 38

vicky: Thank you very much! I don't want to quit cake decorating all together, just the wedding cakes. I just don't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I still love doing the birthday, holiday, shower cakes, etc. Maybe when I have more time to practice and learn I'll start taking orders from wedding cakes again. Thanks again for your kind words

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 2:54pm
post #35 of 38

It is just stunning!! I think that flowers are beautiful in any combination, and you really made this one work to the max. Congratulations!!

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:08pm
post #36 of 38

WOW!!! That looks great! I LOVE the cascading effect of the different flowers...You really made the flowers work together...You should be really proud of yourself...that is probably one of the hardest group of flowers to arrange together (in both color and shape!!).

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:10pm
post #37 of 38

Ellepal: thank you so much for your compliment...your cakes are so beautiful and I'm flattered that you liked mine icon_biggrin.gif

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:13pm
post #38 of 38

tanyap: Thank you for your help with this cake and for your compliment. Yes I will say this is one of the more challenging cakes that I've done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%