My First Mmf

Decorating By babypat Updated 21 Nov 2005 , 2:55pm by Randa_000

babypat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babypat Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 10:02am
post #1 of 6

hi guys! just wanna share my first attempt on MMF. im so icon_redface.gif , for almost a month i made plans on a 3 layer cake, icon_sad.gif but sad to say time wasnt on my side) so i just made this simple cake. I have to say MMF is not that easy, ive been reading the forum, most of you guys says it soooo easy, but i guess not for me thumbsdown.gif ...hmmm maybe next time...but i do have a question...while doing this cake (and even on my dummy cake) i always have this tearing effect on the edges...i didnt make my mmf thin and not so thick. But still ... when i laid my mmf on the cake it started to tear off.....any suggestions please...

I also attached the other cake i made for my daughter....the picture is edible, but not on my cake, i wasnt able to peel off the icing sheet, so i just cut it and put it on top of the cake icon_lol.gif any tips for releasing stubborn icing sheet ( i did try the blowdryer thing and putting your sheet on the ref for a few minutes, nothing worked icon_cry.gif
LL
LL
LL

5 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 6

Beautiful job on your cakes...bet your daughter was thrilled to death.

charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 1:20pm
post #3 of 6

Great job!!! I do not use edible images but I have read that if you freeze them for a little bit they are easier to peal off!!! I am no expert though!!

Again, well done on the cakes!!

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

GrandmaSweetiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaSweetiePie Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 6

Beautiful cakes. I have not tried MMF, but plan to try soon. Hopefully, I will learn from your post and not have any problems.

Grandma Sweetie Pie

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 6

The entire display is beautiful! That looks like a lot of work.

For the edible image....make sure you let it dry first, depending on the color/s it could take about 20 minutes to really dry. Then I run it over the edge of my counter a few times to release it from the backing. If it wants to stick I put it in the freezer for about 15 seconds at a time, (any longer and it may crack) and then try removing the backing again.

Randa_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Randa_000 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 6

what beautiful cakes.......I too am new to fondant...made my first batch last night....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%