Just Ordered My New Ka!!!

Business By Pootchi Updated 18 Feb 2007 , 5:38pm by bambuf

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 8

I just can't wait for it to arrive! It's a 6qt 600 KA!!! I checked everywhere in Canada, and it's 700$CDN (around 580$USD) and then you had 14% tax (it's almost 100$ more) and the shipping another 50$, I found one on Ebay (from an Ebay store) with the shipping and all it costs me about 420$CDN (around 350$USD), it won't cost me a ton of $$ in duties! maybe 100$ max, so I still save 300$CDN!!!
that makes my day!
I would've waited before ordering it, since we're short on money, but now that I have that big contract with the bakery, and like Mouse said in another thread, it wouldn't be fun if my old 300w KA broke while baking a large order from them. I'll keep it for my icing and whipped cream, but the heavy duty stuff, like cookie doughs, will go into the new baby!
I'll tell you when it arrives!!!!
I feel like when I learn I'm pregnant... weird... by chance I don't have to give birth to it icon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

7 replies
gretch77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gretch77 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 8

Congrats that is so exciting.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

I feel like when I learn I'm pregnant...

LOL, that is hilarious, and so true!!! Congrats on your new baby icon_smile.gif

Cindy-loo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy-loo Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 8

Not to burst your bubble...but I hope you bought your mixer from a Canadian rep. If you purchase a KA in the US and bring it into Canada, you immediately null the warranty.
I did the same thing as you. I looked all over Canada and thought the price was too high so I took a trip to Ohio and picked one up for $320 US. I registered the product and everything was great for about three months. Then the switch busted. It would only run on the highest speed (even in the low position) and would overheat and shut itself off. When I called KA (both US and CAN) there was absolutely nothing they would do for me except give me a phone number for the closest KA certified repair shop! The CAN agent told me if there isn't a CSA sticker on it, they wouldn't touch it. The US agent said as soon as I brought it over the border they would no longer consider the warranty valid. As I looked on line for more info on consumer complaints and to see what I could do about being ripped off, I discovered many, many newer KA have switch problems. Next time I will definately save for the Hobart instead of trying to save a buck.
Did I ever get my KA fixed? My friends husband is an electrician and tinkerer and fixed it up for me. Now I just do it myself when it happens. Let me tell you, icing sugar and a mixer at high speed do not work well together!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

Congrats on the new addidtion to the family.

mjsparkles2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsparkles2001 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 8

I think its sooo funny how we all get so excited over KA!!! They should let us do a commercial lol

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 8

I feel your excitement! I just was cleaning my 12 year old baby (best thing the ex bought me and it outlasted him icon_lol.gif ) I think I am going to get my brother one for Christmas because in our family we have the "have a kitchenaid and will travel" mentality. and he doesn't have his own. A buddy of mine has an auto body shop so his will have flames... hehe

Congratulations!!

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 8

Congrats on your new addition. I have a 300w KA and a 525w KA and I love them both! (Of course, I love all of my KA babies! LOL)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%