Cookie Bouquet Container..

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 12:09am by Mac

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 18

I am entering the same competition again next year that I did this year but I am not entering a cake but rather a cookie bouquet.....I have seen those containers that cookiesby design put their bouquets in with the 6 or 7 slotted container with each stick at a different height. We don't have any businesses like that here who sells strictly cookie bouquets.I've thought of using my own container and styrofoam etc...but I don't want to run the risk of the thing falling over. I'd even buy myself a cookie bouquet just to get the container but again....there is nothing here.Any suggestions??

Laurel icon_smile.gif

Oh Yeah..I want to do a wedding theme and something else!

17 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 18

Kiddiekakes,

How about using the flower arrangement type thing with all the holes and different heights.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 18

I'm afraid the darn thing will tip over from the heaviness of the cookies!!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 18

Kiddiekakes, I don't have one to help but I have made quite a few bouquets. If you buy a metal (tin) bucket type thing, sometimes hobby lobby or michaels have some really cute ones, you can just put a square piece of stryofoam in there (cute to fill) and insert your sticks in and it will hold. I haven't had one topple yet (crossing my fingers!!) Just make sure the sticks are inserted at different heights and down far enough and you should be fine. Hope that helps some!

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 18

Charlotte,

I may have to resort to that anyway!! Thanks for the tips!!

stephanie214 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 18

I saw one in plastic at a yard sale and throught to purchase it for $1.00 and didn't...wish I had now because I would give it to you...after throught is a killer icon_lol.gif

If I come across another one will get it for you, how soon do you need it?

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:07pm
post #7 of 18

I went to the cookiesbydesign website and i didn't see those containers. Could you tell me where they are on the website? All they seem to have are the picket fence and some geometric containers.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 18

Stephanie...not until next June!! If you come across another one...let me know!!

Barbara-Ann.......it is those picket fence containers and geometric ones...they don't sell them seperately though.....

Thanks Guys!!

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 18

OH ok thanks. I have gotten some small picket fences from Michaels before. Perhaps if they still have them you could put those around a square container, then put your styrofoam inside the container. Does that make any sense?

stephanie214 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:15pm
post #10 of 18

Will do and will try to find something close to it if possible.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:17pm
post #11 of 18

Barbara-Ann....I will check Michael's here also.You never know what you find!!

Thanks Steph!! icon_smile.gif

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:18pm
post #12 of 18

You could always add something heavy inside the bottom before you add the foam ... that should make them more stable...

stephanie214 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:44pm
post #13 of 18

Kiddiekakes,

How about purchasing the plastic flower tubes that they use for cakes when using live flowers and tape them together at different levels and stick them in the styrofoam.

Hot glue the styrofoam to the bottom of the container that you will be using and then add some of the marble like stones from the dollar store to help give balance...can put the stones in sandwich bags.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:47pm
post #14 of 18

Steph,

Yup I'm sure I can come up with some concoction!! HEE!HEE! Thanks for the suggestions!! I have alot of time to perfect it!

blueskies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueskies Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 5:43pm
post #15 of 18

If you put dry beans in the bottom of the container it weighs it down so it won't topple over and holds the cookie sticks in place. I put them in then put foam on top and then hot glue that shredded paper stuff on top to decorate it. Works great!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:56pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I am entering the same competition again next year that I did this year but I am not entering a cake but rather a cookie bouquet.....I have seen those containers that cookiesby design put their bouquets in with the 6 or 7 slotted container with each stick at a different height. We don't have any businesses like that here who sells strictly cookie bouquets.I've thought of using my own container and styrofoam etc...but I don't want to run the risk of the thing falling over. I'd even buy myself a cookie bouquet just to get the container but again....there is nothing here.Any suggestions??

Laurel icon_smile.gif

Oh Yeah..I want to do a wedding theme and something else!

Kiddie,
Buy some glue, popsicle sticks, paint/wood stain and and And exacto knife.

You will need some styrofoam or oasis to hold the cookie pops. And some shredded paper you Can get the metallic or the regular paper @ dollar stores.

Cookie pop sticks come in two sizes. The longer ones you can cut down to various lengths.

You always use decorative pebbles or glass to weigh down the Container if you Are worried about it being top heavy.

Hope this helps.

Princess

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:56pm
post #17 of 18

Well when I do these as centrepieces, I put glass pebbles or dried peas in the bottom for weight, then styrofoam. You can make a tape "floral frog" across the top of the tin or container too by making a lattice work out of the floral tape, to keep the cookies in position. Floral tape comes in white or green.
Hugs Squirrelly

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:09am
post #18 of 18

Hey Kiddie--
I do alot of these and I use clay flower pots. They are heavy enuff that they don't fall over. Put floral foam inside and use tall lollipop sticks from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.Might have to add a dab of hot glue to stick and foam. Or if I need a lighter container like the popcorn container in my photos, I line the inside and use plaster of paris to give it weight. Then repeat with floral foam. You may have to cut the sticks for the varying heights. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%