So Many Recipes Of Pastel De Leche

Español By GLORIA2005 Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 11:32pm by bubblezmom

GLORIA2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLORIA2005 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:10am
post #1 of 5

everybody that knows how to do the tres leche how do they do there pastel tanto recetas de pastel witch one to do?
gracias i would like to know how everybody does there.

4 replies
MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:58am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLORIA2005

everybody that knows how to do the tres leche how do they do there pastel tanto recetas de pastel witch one to do?
gracias i would like to know how everybody does there.

Well, Gloria, I don't like the one that is drenched in the liquids (the leches). When you cut it, it is soooo wet, you can see the liquid all over the place... icon_surprised.gif

I found a recipe that I LOVED which uses half of what it usually calls in liquid and the cake is nicely soaked but not drenched in liquid.

Which kind do you like? Super soaked or just soaked? icon_biggrin.gif

Tres Leches Cake

1-½ cups All-purpose flour
  1 teaspoon Baking powder
  ½ cup Unsalted butter
  2 cups White sugar (divided)
  5 Eggs
  1-½ teaspoon Vanilla extract (divided)
  1 cup Milk
  ½ of a 14-ounce can Sweetened condensed milk
  ½ of a 12-ounce can Evaporated milk
  1/3 cup Liqueur, Frangelico, Brandy or Chambord, for example (optional)
  1-½ cups Heavy (whipping) cream
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside. Cream the butter and 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat well. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, mixing well until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
When cake has finished baking, pierce it in 8 or 10 places with a fork or skewer, and let it cool. Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk and liqueur and pour over the top of the cooled cake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Whipped Cream Topping: When ready to serve, combine the whipping cream and the remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 cup of sugar, whipping until thick. Spread over top of cake.
Because of the milk in the cake, it is very important that you keep the cake refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve chilled.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 1:28am
post #3 of 5

Marialovescakes, what could be sub for the liqueur as I would like to make this for a family gathering and there would be small ones here thanksicon_smile.gif

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisinbloom

Marialovescakes, what could be sub for the liqueur as I would like to make this for a family gathering and there would be small ones here thanksicon_smile.gif

You don't have to have it... It is an optional ingredient...

I didn't use it when I did and it tasted delicious without..

So, you can leave it out. thumbs_up.gif

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%