What Did Dh Do For You For Valentine's?

Decorating By JacsMommy Updated 22 Feb 2007 , 5:52pm by Strazle

JacsMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacsMommy Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 121

We woke up to find a teddy bear (for our daughter) and a dozen pink roses (for me) and sweet Valentine's Day cards waiting for us on the kitchen table. I love my DH!

120 replies
Lexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lexy Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 121

I got roses this morning and a card, a new mobile phone this afternoon, which sent me a txt to ask me to renew my wedding vows on april 13th. I'm so pleased!!!!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 121

That is so sweet!! My DH is awesome too, he bought me a necklace that I've been wanting! We are blessed, aren't we? icon_lol.gif

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 121

Oh don't even start with me here! He got me a teddy bear and chocolates and got my daughter a balloon and teddy bear. The only problem is that he just walks in talking to his brother who lives with us and sits them all down like Im not even there. I yelled at him "Could you at least look at me!!!!!!!!" RRRGG!!!!

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 121

my hubby is stuck in Pittsburgh, and we're snowed in here in indiana, so we'll see if his flight can even make it in tonight!!!!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 121

Nothing yet! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 121

it's our anniversary on this day as well and since we are both working, we won't be doing anything until this weekend icon_wink.gif

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:59pm
post #8 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordee

Nothing yet! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

uh oh icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:00pm
post #9 of 121

I got a card and 2 80s/90s Bon Jovi dvds because our video machine has started to eat tapes, so my OH decided that it would be good to start replacing my videos with dvds - awww! I got him a card and a silver teddy figurine holding an enamel heart which says 'I love you'.

Lexy Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 121

Thats so sad smashcakes! Katy625 all men are like that, my DH Is out singing tonight so I am alone, too! I know the present he got me is wonderful, see we got married when we where 17 and i didnt have much money so i didnt get the wedding i wanted so this time round i can, but i think that his only done it b'cos his in the dog house. I mean who books a gig on Valentines day!!!

mikko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikko Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:04pm
post #11 of 121

Nothing icon_cry.gif
He works during the day & i work the afternoons so i wont even see him until almost 11 tonight. Hope i atleast get a card b4 i go to bed. specially since i left 1 out for him this morning. that gives him all day to remember just in case... icon_wink.gif

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:12pm
post #12 of 121

My DH got me a dozen red roses on Monday night when I sent him on a "honey I ran out of cocoa powder! Can you get me some more, I'm in the middle of a recipe" trip. (I'm sure we've all been there!). I used to be a floral designer so I let him in on the secret that you can get the best roses a few days earlier rather than waiting till that evening. He also filled up my car with gas so I wouldn't get stuck in the snow/ice yesterday. He gave me a card today and we're going out another night for dinner to celebrate (beats the crowds and it's too nasty to go out tonight anyway!) I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband!

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:14pm
post #13 of 121

It's also my birthday today, I got a new digital camera that i very much needed and a shirt (it's too funny) it has a smiley face on it with a piece of tape over the mouth and under it says "Silence is Golden Duct tape is Silver LOL
he says there's something else coming but not sure when it will get here being we are snowed in.

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:15pm
post #14 of 121

I had a dozen roses on the kitchen table when I got up. He is getting a basket of fruit from Edible Arrangements. They are so yummy!

Lexy Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:17pm
post #15 of 121

Happy Birthday 'Zoomitoons'

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:20pm
post #16 of 121

I was serenaded by our local High School Show Choir. About 20 teenagers sang to me in my living room and then presented me with a rose!

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:21pm
post #17 of 121

Gave me a nice kiss and a lovely card this morning. Also little boxes of chocolates for our two little girls.

I usually tell him not too get me anything or just something very small because my birthday is also at the end of this month, so I rather save the big present for then. icon_biggrin.gif

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:23pm
post #18 of 121

Not a thing so far today! My DH came from a very unemotional family so I'm still working on him after 7 years!! thumbs_up.gif

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:26pm
post #19 of 121

Got a card and a Willow tree figurine last night.....and last week, instead of roses that will just die, he let me go to the cake store and buy all the rose cutters and veiners that I wanted to do gumpaste roses!!!

He also got a card for our daughter and we just finished all making heart cookies and decorating them and heart-shaped pizzas for lunch!

YIPPEE!!!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:27pm
post #20 of 121

I'm not a fan of V-day over the top stuff - but it sounds like those of you who are got some stuff you enjoyed. That is wonderful!

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:29pm
post #21 of 121

We're snowed in, so my DH hasn't been able to get out (he's a last-minute kind of guy icon_rolleyes.gif ), but he did get me my heat back! My furnace went out at midnight last night and by 4:30 am it was freezing in my house! He's been working on it all morning and it finally got it working, so I'll take heat over flowers anyday! thumbs_up.gif

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:30pm
post #22 of 121

My DH got me 2 dozen white and 2 dozen red roses. He spoils me even after 32 years of marriage. He never forgets a special occasion. I love him dearly and count my blessings daily.

Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:31pm
post #23 of 121

For the 10 years we've been together and the 5 we've been married I think I've oly gotten something maybe twice. He usually doesn't get me anything, it's not that he doesn't want to, it's mostly a money issue. He is self employed and doesn't have regular pay days so he usually gets paid after the fact. The same thing with my birthday. But when I got up this morning there was a diamond pendant on the counter. I had showed it to him a couple of months back, little did I know he had been paying on it. He bought me a new white gold and diamond wedding set for christmas and this matches perfectly. He also got me a tear jerking mushy card, which he never does. He always gets those funny or cute Valentine's cards. I was very suprised and cried like a baby. icon_cry.gif

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:33pm
post #24 of 121

Hey Zoomitoons! We are birthday buddies! I know very few people who share our birthday! Happy Birthday!
So, since it is my birthday today, my wonderful hubby took me away for the weekend this last weekend. I took the day off Friday and we went to a big mall just south of us and stayed at a hotel nearby and had a really nice dinner Saturday night. He also surprised me with an arrangement of beautiful hot pink gerbera daisies (my fave!) sent to the hotel! We have a friend that is the manager of a florist and she got a hold of a place near the hotel and ordered them! They are so sneaky!
So I didn't get anything today but I told him not to get me anything since we did all that! I got him a card, made some "Love Coupons" for back rubs without complaints on my computer, and a box of his fave cigars.
All and all, an excellent Valentine's/Birthday!
HeatherMari

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:41pm
post #25 of 121

nothing. we're gonna go out to dinner and a movie (which is very special 'cause i'm a cabin-fevered SAHM) later this week when my sister will be able to watch the kids.

i'm making some cookies to pass around to kids and dh and my other family (which are special 'cause i hate decorating cookies!)

mamaof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaof3 Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:41pm
post #26 of 121

Nothing but a kiss and a "Happy Valentine's Day, Honey!' today.... but he is taking me out of town over the weekend. YaHoo!! Two days with no kids, no cooking and no cleaning. Then again it will all still be here when we get back! lol

I bought him a new snowblower. lol

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:43pm
post #27 of 121

2 dozen roses mixed with daisies and babies breath, with a card. He gave them to me last night as I teach cake class tonight and he's usually in bed by the time I get home. Lets switch this around. What did everyone get their DH? I'm leaving him a lazer leveler with a card for him today before I go to class.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:46pm
post #28 of 121

My DH... Surprised me with some purply-pink not gerbera daisy's but about that size on the blooms last night... Of course, this is the first time since we were dating that he got me something, so I said "what'd you do that you shouldn't have that you decided to get me flowers????" icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

Then, today I treated myself to a trip to our local chocolatier... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif They kindly packaged up four Black Forest truffles for me... MMMMmmmmmmmm...

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:47pm
post #29 of 121

I let DH off this hook years ago. icon_smile.gif

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 5:48pm
post #30 of 121

My DH requested a cake from a new recipe he found the other day. So I baked it for him and gave him a card! He loved the cake, but hasn't opened the card yet. He'll wait until tonight at dinner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%