How To Make Penguins

Decorating By mrsjah Updated 3 Mar 2007 , 8:31pm by mjrhooligan

mrsjah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsjah Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Everyone,

I hope that everyone is getting ready for the holiday season. I need to ask anyone out there if they know how to make penguins, I have to do a winter cake with with penguins. I just not been able to fined anything on the internet.

I will be praying someone will know were I so go to get this information.

Thanks everyone,
mrsjah

7 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 8

I can't wait to hear the answer to this... I've been trying to figure out the same thing!

faded_dress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faded_dress Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 8

I've been wondering that myself icon_lol.gif I was thinking of making mine out of candy clay, but I did find this on wilton.com

"Penguins: Figure pipe using royal icing. Using tip 3, pipe zigzag motion feet, overlapping at heel. Using heavy pressure, pipe 2A body to desired height; add tip 12 ball head. Pipe tip 3 tummy area and face, flatten with finger dipped in cornstarch or smooth with damp Decorator Brush. Tuck tip 8 into sides and, using heavy to light pressure, add pull-out wings. Add tip 2 pull-out beak, tip 1 dot eyes, tip 3 snowballs as desired. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry."

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:17am
post #4 of 8

I have a sugarcraft video by Sara Carter and Jenny Harris. (The Christmas edition). They demonstrate how to make penguins from sugarpaste.
You might find their videos online. I bought mine from a bakery that closed down.

beany Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:17am
post #5 of 8

I have a sugarcraft video by Sara Carter and Jenny Harris. (The Christmas edition). They demonstrate how to make penguins from sugarpaste.
You might find their videos online. I bought mine from a bakery that closed down.

beany Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:18am
post #6 of 8

Sorry about the double post! Computer problems.

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:33am
post #7 of 8

I made penguins on my "Madagascar" cake ... make little white ball of fondant... kind of a fat peanut shape... a circle of black fondant wrapped around the top and sides... just stretch it a little as needed... pre-made wings from black and pre-made beak from orange... piped white eyeballs from royal icing and touch with black food colour on a paintbrush after they are dry.

mjrhooligan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjrhooligan Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 8

I'm planning on penguins for my husband's birthday. I was looking in the gallery for ideas and saw that somebody mentioned using glaze to paint their penguins. Does anybody know what that means?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%