Need Help W/ Tropical Theme Cake!

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 21 Mar 2005 , 9:32pm by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 7

Hey Friends!!

I need some ideas for a tropic theme cake!! It's going to be a round cake either 8" or 9" or 10". Haven't decided the size yet because I want to make it look very tropical!! I might need lots of room!! My mom is the manager of a school kitchen. All the schools in the parish get together at the end of the year & have a huge banquet. This year's theme is tropical.

Let me know any pics or ideas or website or anything that could help me.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!
~Tina~

6 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 7

Here's an idea since you would be doing it on a round cake. Make a tropical island in the middle of the cake- with trees, flowers, and the like. Have the icing around the cake be blue to represent water, then out tropical fish on the sides of the cake.

tcturtleshell Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 7

That's a great idea! It sounds a lot easier then the idea I had! I have a bridal shower due the next day so I will be very busy!! I need something easy like that!! Thanks!!

Keep the ideas coming!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 7

come on turtle, you have great ideas and a wonderful hand at doing them..... you rise to the occasion everytime!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 4:39am
post #5 of 7

Ya, right Flav~ icon_biggrin.gif You are too kind!!! I have blanks hit me all the time!! I've got that wedding cake so stuck in my brain that I can bearly think up any other design but that!!! icon_sad.gif I'll be glad when it's over! So I can get back to practicing on transfers, MMF etc!!! & try to do gum paste. I loved making the flowers out of fondant so I'm dying to try gum paste!! So between here & April 23rd I need ya'll brains to work for me!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 7

Ok, I found a couple websites. HTH

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/novelties/hawaiian.htm

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/novelties/pictures/surfer2.htm

Good luck! I shouldn't say good luck. How about Happy Baking!

tcturtleshell Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Mchelle!! I knew you would have an idea! Good one at that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%