Chocolate Transfer Question And Funny Story

Decorating By Joshsmom Updated 24 Mar 2005 , 3:08pm by diane

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 19 Mar 2005 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 7

I was attempting my first CT today practicing for an Easter cake I want to make and I was using candy melts.
Because I needed small quantities of some colors I just snipped off the corner of the plastic snack bags/sandwich bags and used those. I also used this for the outlining choc as well.

Ok, so far so good..........

Well, I'm cruising along with the outlining and I'm almost done and a small piece of the choc that wasn't melted must have clogged part of the hole (choc was still coming out) and what pressure I was putting on the bag was too much for it and POW, the bag exploded icon_surprised.gif and shot across the egg object I was outlining. icon_cry.gif

Fortunately, all was not lost and I tried to clean up what I could and much to my surprise I was able to salvage a good portion of it but had to change the design a little.

Now comes my question..........what do YOU use when applying/outlining your chocolate transfers? I'm hoping to avoid this type of accident again icon_redface.gif

6 replies
llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 1:42am
post #2 of 7

I use a squeeze bottle. You know--like a ketchup bottle only clear.l It works very well and I store the remaining chocolate right in it.

I also use squeeze bottles for flooding cookies.

Hope this helps and I'm glad that you were able to salvage your project. I was just using the baggie trick last week to add something little to a cake and it exploded in my hand also. LOVELY!

Lisa

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 3:28am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

Now comes my question..........what do YOU use when applying/outlining your chocolate transfers? I'm hoping to avoid this type of accident again

I use a parchment bag if I need just a little I cut the bag in half if I need a lot I use the whole bag.. Add a piece of tape at the bottom of the point just up a bit to help it hold..

[/url]

emi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emi Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 3:41am
post #4 of 7

I also use the clear squeeze bottles. I've bought them at Michaels or Walmart. They work great, and no mess at all. I melt the chocolates in the microwave in a seperate bowl, than pour it into the bottle. If I'm working with many colors I keep each bottle of colour into a dish with small amount of warm water, to keep it melted. After I'm done I place the bottles in the freezer, for about 10 min, and then I gently squeeze the bottle to break the chocolate into pieces, and they come right out.

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 11:16am
post #5 of 7

Thank you for the suggestions!!, it looks like I'm investing in some squeeze bottles thumbs_up.gif before I try my next CT.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 11:06am
post #6 of 7

I don't like the squeeze bottles myself, too much waste. I use parchment paper, also.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 7

hahahahahah!!! that was tooo funny!! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif i'm sorry that happened to you, but boy i needed a good laugh today!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%