The Good Thing About Frosting Is....

Decorating By ivanabacowboy Updated 14 Nov 2005 , 10:15pm by cakefairy18

ivanabacowboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivanabacowboy Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:48am
post #1 of 4

One good thing about working with frosting: ability to scrape it all off and start all over again! LOL!!!!!!

I made 3 cakes today. Got one iced and came out ok-a horseshoe in my pics (tho you cant see the sides with the long scallops but oh well....). One is still wrapped and will be iced tomorrow. The third was a 10-in. round. Which I did decorate-once. Something about it just didnt look right. So I did what every good cake baker does. SCRAPE ALL THE ICING OFF! Yep-my cake is now sitting wrapped in the refrigerator, naked down to its base coat again. (Quite a perfect base coat I mite add lol!) Will try again tomorrow. I like icing. It is forgiving. icon_lol.gif

3 replies
cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 3:04am
post #2 of 4

good job! i don't have the patience to take it all of and start over...but my buttercream is crusting, so i add more icing where it's skimpy and scrape off where it's heavy and then hot water and spatula and smoooothe as ever...

the chocolate cake in my pics i thought was going to be a disaster..but it came out quite ok...lol

ivanabacowboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivanabacowboy Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 9:40am
post #3 of 4

Your chocolate cake is very nice! Nice reverse shell. What size tip did you use to do that?

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 4

i used tip 21..i still can't bring myself to look at that cake though...its so uneven icon_sad.gif

but i got an order from it...it must be my eyes icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%