What's In A Name?

Decorating By kerririchards Updated 27 Feb 2006 , 10:51pm by Mac

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 63

There are so many great screen names on this site. Some of them, like mine (kerri richards) are obvious. But others are so creative. (I personally like booberfrog - though I can't quite figure out what it means - just sounds pretty cool and mommykicksbutt is great!). So if anyone wants to share the story behind their names . . .

62 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 63

I mostly do kids character cakes so I thought Kiddiekakes would be fun!! With all K's too!!!

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 63

I am a grandmother 3 times and was born in 1956 so hence gma1956.

charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 63

..........My dogs name, i use the same screen name for all things internet and to keep it simpled I used my dog's........

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 63

I am a nurse and my passion was the gastrointestinal lab, ie: colonoscopies etc (don't get me started)

hence gilpnh (h for Heather)

duckduck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duckduck Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 63

Charleydog, this is the second time I've seen that. We have a Tuckerdog in my food group, using his dog's name. I think it's cool.
I work for a produce purveyor call Duck Delivery which is named after the U of O ducks by the original owner that was a former student there. When we call chefs on the phone for their produce orders, with the chefs we know well we say "duck, duck, goose Chef...". I'm not on the phones often since I'm not one of the phone girls, but that's where duckduck comes from.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 63

Mine is simple too, just my initials and where I'm from. My avatar is just a play on my name. Janice

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 8:49pm
post #8 of 63

Well my initials are TC (Tina C., I like to be called TC better) & Turtleshell is what my family nicknamed me...

My uncle is 4 yrs older then me.. (we are like brother & sister) we always played in the creek near the house. I loved turtles! thumbs_up.gif Well one day he picked up a baby snapping turtle & put it up to my finger! That sucker bit me & wouldn't let go! icon_cry.gif My grandma finally got it to let go of me!! I know what your thinking... I should hate turtles! LOL!! After that I started reading all about the different turtles so my uncle couldn't try that trick with me again!! thumbs_up.gif Hence, my name is Turtleshell~ I hardly ever hear Tina when I'm home visiting~

So glad my name isn't Oliver or Loretta!! Those are my sisters names! Oliver because my sister was born on our Uncle Oliver's bday. Loretta because my sister always had long thick hair that hung in her face. My grandma used to tell her, "Hey, Loretta I love you more than my irish setter!!! Get it? Sorry I had to add that!! icon_biggrin.gif

This topic comes around a lot & I never get tired of reading about everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif

BUNCHY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BUNCHY Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 4:57am
post #9 of 63

Hello-

Bunchy comes from the old "Frito Lay" commercial in the 70's. I am told when that commercial used to come on, I would stop everything and dance in front of the television.

"muncha buncha muncha buncha muncha buncha muncha- Frito Corn Chips go with lunch." (Anyone remember that?)

Bunchy thumbs_up.gif

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 3:52pm
post #10 of 63

WHEN I WAS BORN, MY UNCLE NICKNAMED ME KATE. HE IS ONLY ONE OF A FEW THAT CAN CALL ME KATE AND I ANSWER TO HIM. MY NAME IS CATHY, SO I HAVE A FRIEND THAT SPELLS MY NAME CONSTANTLY WITH A "K" INSTEAD OF A "C" BECAUSE OF KATE STARTING WITH A "K", AND HE IS ALLOWED TO CALL ME KATE. THE 39 IS THE FIRE DEPT. THAT I BELONG- STATION 39. THE COLOR OF MY AVATAR IS YELLOW BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT COLOR MY FIRETRUCKS ARE.

TC I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!

BUNCHY I HAD TO LAUGH AT YOUR POST. I READ THE FIRST TWO SENTENCES AND HAD TO STOP AND THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE, STARTED TO SING THE THEME AND THEN READ THE REST OF YOUR POST. I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD! THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY TODAY!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 4:32pm
post #11 of 63

Mine is boring...just my name. I guess I was clueless about a screen name when I joined CC! icon_smile.gif

TC...I also love turles. I had several box turtles as pets when I was young. I have also thought they were good luck. We recently had one for a pet and I would not let it go until we moved to our new house! icon_razz.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 4:41pm
post #12 of 63

Mine is simple also:

Stephanie is my name, I have 2 sons, 1 granddaughter, 4 for total of grandchildren.

finally928 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finally928 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 4:49pm
post #13 of 63

icon_smile.gif I love reading these sorts of stories ...

Mine is my reaction and the date of an event ..... my boyfriend and I had been goofing off talking about taking a vacation together ... mind you, we knew each other for about 11 years before we started dating, and as far back as we can remember, we had talked about wanting to go here and there (though not necessarily with each other since we were both married to others !!) ... you know -- just conversation sort of stuff. Then we started dating and we were still doing the whole "wouldn't it be awesome to go here or there ..." ...

Well on September 28th (92icon_cool.gif last year, he called me and said "we have cruise reservations" ... I joked and replied "Finally!" .... I used the screenname as a joke on a couple of different cruise and vacation sites and found this one around the same time ...

Jay

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 5:05pm
post #14 of 63

Dale...it's the name my mother gave me. Dale is easy to remember for some reason. Beats the hell out of Barnabus, which I was almost named.
If she had, I guess my screen name would be "InmateBR549."

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 7:18pm
post #15 of 63

Dale,

Your hilarious!!!

My name is simple, it's my dog's name. There is a little story behind it, nothing that interesting so I won't bore you with it.
So many of you have interesting names. It's neat to see how you came up with them!

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 11:13pm
post #16 of 63

Mine comes from ''WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE''
I love the book , I even got my DIL to name my grandson Max. We call him MAXAMILIAN-THANKS A MILLION!

BlueLamp1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueLamp1 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 11:29pm
post #17 of 63

Oh fun!
OK, If you ask anyone who knows me, theyll all tell you the same thing, that im a massive stevie nicks/fleetwood mac fan. (long live the 70s and 80s i say!) So when it came time to pick a name, my favorite stevie nicks solo song, "Blue Lamp", was playing in the background. So i chose "Bluelamp". Its a typical early 80s rock chick song. Its also on the "Heavy MEtal" movie soundtrack. (lol lord in a dork!). THe number means nothing as i just felt it needed "something extra".

"And thats the story of the blue lamp..."--Stevie nicks on her VH1 storytellers episode

icon_biggrin.gif
NEXT!!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 1:10pm
post #18 of 63

My nickname from one of my old high schools was mouse...and I like it, just don't get called it much any more...that's why I chose m0use...I put a zero in it to make it unique.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 1:26pm
post #19 of 63

First AND last name...boy I am original ..huh? icon_lol.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:14pm
post #20 of 63

I'm not very original either...I'm just Lisa icon_smile.gif . I was happy to be able to get my name though since it's usually taken at all the other sites I register with.

MontiBellesBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MontiBellesBakery Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:35pm
post #21 of 63

I just started my baking business and want to grow it into a retail business. So, when I was trying to come up with a name for the business Monti Belle's Bakery had a nice ring. When my brother was little, he couldn't say Monica so he called me Monti. My father's pet name for me was Belle Flower. Eventually they got combined into Monti Belle. The only two people who call me that are my father and my grandfather (who passed away in October 2004). I am very close to my father and before he passed my grandfather and I had a very special relationship so I decided to name my company in honor of them both and to remind me of the love. My dad is really pleased with the name and my friends all tell me it sounds like a southerner who should be able to bake.

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:37pm
post #22 of 63

OK, I am with lisa and traci. Nothing original. j (Jenna) e (Elise) kizer (Kizer). My name nothing interesting or exciting. Just my name. One thing for sure you guys need to watch out for me. With all of this creativity, I may be a little dangerous!!!! icon_razz.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:43pm
post #23 of 63

<taking cover and hiding my eyes in fear of what that wild n crazy jekizer might do next>...hehe icon_razz.gif

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 2:46pm
post #24 of 63

Watch out KayDay. It is going to be wild!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 3:00pm
post #25 of 63

Mine certainly isn't original either. Missey is my name. Figured it was the only way to see my name in lights (and spelled right!!)

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 3:07pm
post #26 of 63

I'm with the others on not being very original. I was just going to use denise...but someone had already taken it. icon_cry.gif So I used denise and the 2434 was my grandmother's phone number ever since I could remember. I was having a DUH dunce.gif moment...and couldn't think of nothing very original...lol icon_lol.gif

~Denise

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 6:36pm
post #27 of 63

Mine is a nickname I recieved from my high school softball team. Whenever I was up at bat, they would yell Go Ra ra Robyn!!!" So I've used it ever since.

I thought it was a bit more appropriate than the other thing they used to yell; "call it what you wanna call it, she's a ******** alcholic!!" (my jersey number was 21)

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 6:43pm
post #28 of 63

Well, on mine they are not too sure but they said that my name could mean:

Maria - "my beloved" or "my love

but others say that it means: "bitter". Boy, I don' like that!!! thumbsdown.gif

scmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scmom2 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 6:49pm
post #29 of 63

I'm from south carolina and I am the mom to my two kids ages 12 & 7.

It's about the best I could come up with at the time.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 6:52pm
post #30 of 63

I'm pretty new to CC. It took me a while to come up with a screen name and in the end I just used my old employee id. I couldn't come up with anything that I liked and I wanted to access more of CC. So much for creativity. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%