Please Help Quick...any Way To Speed Up Drying?

Baking By joquita Updated 13 Feb 2007 , 5:31am by MaraCarter

joquita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joquita Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:19am
post #1 of 3

I made some valentine bouquets for my sister's teachers and they have to be delivered tomorrow morning. It's been over 24 hours since I the put the base coat on these ones and they aren't dry AT ALL...the top looks a little dry but it is just mush inside...not even the slightest bit firm yet. everything else was dry a long time ago and is already detailed and packaged. I do'nt know what the problem is. I'm thinking it must be the color..it is a really dark black. maybe I put too much coloring or too much cocoa powder or something...i don't know!!! I dont think these are going to be dry by morning. they didn't seem any different today than when I went to bed last night. is there anything I can do to speed it up? would it ruin them if I put them in a really low oven for a few minutes? I'm not that worried about it drying out the cookie...that wouldn't be as bad as not having them at all.

thanks so much for your help!!!

2 replies
darby822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darby822 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:26am
post #2 of 3

I had the same problem yesterday. I was using royal icing and I put them in the fridge which worked for me.

MaraCarter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaraCarter Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:31am
post #3 of 3

I have a little fan (the one you buy at disney world with the water bottle on the bottom) that i use alot to speed up the drying. Ive used it for fondont and colorflow pieces.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%