Drop Flowers For Leftys

Decorating By blessBeckysbaking Updated 19 Mar 2005 , 9:06pm by blessBeckysbaking

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 19 Mar 2005 , 8:58am
post #1 of 3

Hi all I am left handed and have goten all of the basic flowers from the wilton 1 & 2 courses and most in 3 but the easiest flowers I can't seem to make the drop flowers so I been making the apple blossoms in royal to use in place of them can anyone teach a lefty to make these drop flowers?
Thanks I have twisted and turn all sorts of ways with no luck.

2 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 19 Mar 2005 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 3

..from a fellow lefty...I feel your pain! Our instructor had never taught a lefty before so I had to figure out a few things for myself. Not sure what tip you are using but for drop flowers us lefties have to start with our knuckles at the "9" o'clock position and twist them around to the "3"o'clock position, release pressure and lift up! Hope that helps!

Something else I figured out that when you make the parchment bags...you have to fold the left point of the parchment paper around first and then the right point, even though we want to do it the other way..otherwise when you screw the coupler on, you would be twisting it in the opposite direction of the way the parchment is wrapped!

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 19 Mar 2005 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 3

I tried that too but I will try agian I can't let a drop flower beat me. I was the first lefty for my teacher as well she never did figure out how to help me it would drive her crazy to watch me make roses..lol I ended up among the few that made really good roses. thanks be blessed
Becky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%