Bonnie Gordon

Decorating By Lexy Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm by koumi

Lexy Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 8

Has any one done a Bonnie Gordon class? It was my 21st birthday a couple of weeks ago and for a present my DH is taking me to Canada later in the year. He wants to take me so i can do one of her classes. I was just wondering if any one has done one, there are so many classes to choose from and i dont know which one to go for!

Heres the link to her web site. Her cakes are WOW!!

7 replies
Nathalie1970 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 8

I love the Hydrangea cake she made! But I like all of her cakes.
What a great husband you have!!! Canada is to expensive and to far for me. But I would love to do one of her courses!!! Maybe when we won the lotery?!

Lexy Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 8

I love all her cakes too. Her classes look like so much fun. The worse thing is im scared of flyin and try to do it as little as pos. So my DH may seem lovely, But his always got another reason for doing something!!!! Nathalie1970 I hope you get to do one of her classes in the future.

nglez09 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 8

ShirleyW Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 8

Yes, JaneK just completed one and she loved it. She said she learned a great deal, Bonnie was sweet, friendly and patient. And she was very glad that she spent the time and money for her class. PM Jane, I'm sure she could fill you in on all the details.

JaneK Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:16am
post #6 of 8

Yes, I was at Bonnie's school last week of Feb and it was worth every single penny I paid for was the best week of my cake life!!

Learned lots of interesting stuff and Bonnie is such a warm and talented individual...her young pastry chef Sarah who taught baking and buttercream (SMBC) is also amazing as is Jenny who teaches gumpaste...a rose I learned there is posted in the gallery.

I am currently working on a dummy cake which would be recognizable as a "Bonnie style" cake but it is only 1/2 finished..I started it there but couldn't finish..

So that is my experience... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

sweetconfections1 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:54am
post #7 of 8

I plan on attending some of her classes over the summer. I am so excited.

koumi Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 8

I live near her school and I am just dying to take her classes. After my SMBC disaster below, I really need her professional guidance! It's just so much money...It would cost $250 for her baking and buttercream course, and each of her "Designer cakes" courses are roughly $600 - $750. They are amazing though...I would end up being brilliant!

Anyone else here take it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%