Cake Prices???????

Decorating By craftmasterchris Updated 12 Feb 2007 , 8:10pm by tiptop57

craftmasterchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftmasterchris Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 2

I have a question for all of you who sell your cakes. I have been making cakes for about 9 yrs. now. I just started charging $35 for most of my character cakes. I typically charge about $1 per serving for all of my other cakes unless they are very detailed or with fondant. I have had several people inquiring about my cakes lately, but since I have started charging more for the more difficult cakes I have had less orders. I make my cakes from scratch, so of course this costs a little more than others. I do lots of custom orders and candy as well. So if any of you have any time take a look and let me know if you think I am charging to much that would be great. I have some of my cakes on my website. My most expensive cake on my website is $65 for the fondant cake with the babies, other than the wedding cakes. Thanks for your help!!!!
www.christinascakes.com

1 reply
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 2

What does the market go for in your region? Do you have competition? Do others sell cakes similar to yours? What size area are you working in? Small town or cosmopolitan area. What is the annual median income in your area?

(My 2 cents, you undercharge. At a $1 a slice you are selling at Walmart prices but making CUSTOM cakes but maybe that is the only price your market can handle.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%