Doubling Wilton Bc Recipe?

Baking By mamafrogcakes Updated 10 Nov 2005 , 6:15pm by doc_farms

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 12

This may sound like a silly question but can you simply make double of the Wilton BC recipe without any problems? Should you adjust any of the ingredients? I've been having a hard time with my BC recipe so I'm looking for something different and remember liking the Wilton one. I need a pure white too, so no butter. Any suggestions or tips?? Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 12

I have never made a single recipe. I have always doubled the recipe and never had any problems. I use butter and use the wilton white coloring. It comes out snow white.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 12

You can double it no problem just add thinning liquid as needed. I use a recipe that contains 1/2 butter and it stays snow white. I think it depends on the type/brand of butter you use though. Some are very yellow, others are so pale that the icing will stay white.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 12

I too only make a double recipe. I havent used any white coloring and I do use half butter half crisco. I haven had anyone ask for complely white frosting so it hasnt been an issue for me.

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 12

Same Here. I always make a double batch.

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 12

I use the Wilton Snow-White Buttercream recipe, and always double it with no problems. It will give you a pure white color if that's what you're looking for. It's listed in the recipe section of every Wilton Yearbook.

mamafrogcakes Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 12

Sounds great! I used to always use the snow-white Wilton recipe but then for some reason decided to change. Here lately I seem to be having more problems with it so I decided to switch back. Thanks for the quick answers everyone!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 12

I always quadruple the recipe..not problems so far!!

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 5:02pm
post #9 of 12

Quadruple! icon_surprised.gif What size mixer do you have to do that much icing in at one time? Wow--I'm impressed!

mamafrogcakes Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 5:14pm
post #10 of 12

That's what I was going to say! I'm jealous!! I could cut my icing-making-time in 1/2 with that idea!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 6:44pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by charman

Quadruple! icon_surprised.gif What size mixer do you have to do that much icing in at one time? Wow--I'm impressed!

Absolutely!!

I have the 6qt KA...the best part is, I weigh everything, so the only stuff I have to wash is the mixer and rubber spatula!!

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 6:15pm
post #12 of 12

I have the 6qt. too...... I LOVE IT! Perfect size. I could never ever downsize. I always feel like I have "room to grow." icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%