mistygaildunn Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 12:08am
post #1 of

I am needing to make up some pricing sheets and would like to see some of yours to get ideas, I realize that I would have to change the prices to my own, but I don't really know where to begin. Thanks for sharing. Also, what do you think about the idea of printing them on the back of my business cards? Please help!

9 replies
MrsMissey Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 11:41pm
post #2 of

I don't know if you are familiar with the Price Matrix but it might help you determine some basic pricing. Here is the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-5711.html

cakeconfections Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 11:45pm
post #3 of

I dont think i would put prices on the back of my cards. Maybe something stating that prices start at..... But putting pricing on the back doesnt really seem like it gives you a lot of work room. Customers will come to you with what they think you are charging and it might inhibit what you actually can charge.

Tilisha Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 11:52pm
post #4 of

Also check out some websites and view what they charge for their cakes. You might find some good informationa and ideas.

I agree with not putting the prices on the business cards.

mistygaildunn Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 4:01am
post #5 of

I have seen the pricing matrix but it didn't seem to be just what I was looking for. I was thinking of doing a list of what my cakes start at... 1/4, 1/2 full, and so on, and put a little note that cake kits, fondant, fillings and extensive details would be extra. I also thought of putting that wedding cakes start at $xx or $xx per serving. I didn't know if any of you had an actual sheet made up that I could look at or not.

Tilisha Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 4:17am
post #6 of

I looked at the pricing matrix as well. It was not what I wanted. I don't like how it is set up. I'm a finance major and the prices do not flow all the way through excel. I plan to do my own.

Anywayz, I looked at other websites and looked at what they were charging with a similar set up like what your talking about. I put the same topic up and I was referred to some websites. Check out some of the previous topics on this matter and refer to the websites suggested. They helped me out alot. If you want I could email you the ones I copied and pasted from other websites to get ideas for my pricing lists. icon_smile.gif

mistygaildunn Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 4:15pm
post #7 of

Thanks for your help. My email is mrsmistygaildunn@yahoo.com if anyone wants to email them to me, I would appreciate it.

gma1956 Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 4:24pm
post #8 of

Tilisha said

Quote:
Quote:

I'm a finance major and the prices do not flow all the way through excel.

What id you mean my flow all the way through excel. I can manipulate just about anything in excel and do a lot of things with it.

I am an accounting major and I am taking the basic set up and tweeking it for my own use. I am still working on it however as this semester is really bogging be down.

I did not understand some of the columns they had set up, some of it seemed to be duplicates. I don't price my cakes by the cost+ ratio either. But it does help to see how much I do mark them up. Helps keep me in the range I want to be in. It really gave me a good idea of supplies cost though.

Someone put some thought into it.

MrsMissey Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 7:23pm
post #9 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygaildunn

Thanks for your help. My email is mrsmistygaildunn@yahoo.com if anyone wants to email them to me, I would appreciate it.

I have a tri-fold brochure that I have mailed to several members to look at as an example. If you want me to mail you one, just PM me with your mailing address and I will drop one it the mail to you!

candyladyhelen Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 12:31am

I have a two sided business card I did with Print Artist program. The back has all of my cake sizes, how many they feed, and the price. Plus, my wedding cake per person price and a small list of my sweet table offerings. I know, it's alot. But I used to work inputing the set up of business cards! I like the prices on it because they know up front if they can afford me. Works for me! Helen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%