Dumb Question But I Have To Ask

Baking By JasonL Updated 12 Feb 2007 , 6:01pm by duggerdesign

JasonL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasonL Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 11

I need to know if you cook the cookies witht he sticks in or do you put the stick in after you cook the cookie while it is still hot. I know it is a dumb question but remember I am just a dumb ole guy who knows nothing unless my wife tells me LOL.

10 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 11

Yes. icon_lol.gif

Some bake with them in, others put in hot cookie right after removing from the oven, others royal ice them to the back of the cooled cookie.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 11

Hi!

I bake my cookies with sticks already in them. thumbs_up.gif

Deanna

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 11

Not dumb. It's a preference thing.

I, personally, have not had luck putting the sticks in the "right-out-of-the-oven cookies, but mine may not have been thick enough.

Good luck!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 11

I bake with sticks in! Works fine for me!

JasonL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasonL Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 11

thanks I didn't have the slighest idea. I have never made a cookie bouqeut, but I am going to try and do some for my wife and some ladies at the church. Just asking, what is the best cookie to use when making a cookie bouqeut?

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 11

http://www.kitchengifts.com/nofailsugarcookies.html

These are great! You should try em!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:59pm
post #8 of 11

I bake with the stick in and rarely have any problems. I make my cookies about 1/4 inch thick.
Hope this helps!!

Cindy

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 12:34am
post #9 of 11

I tried both ways and putting the sticks in before baking worked best for me.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:23am
post #10 of 11

I use the roll-out cookie recipe from Wilton, but I change up the flavorings in it to suit my tastes. It doesn't spread, doesn't need to be refrigerated, and can be made in a mixer. It's basically the same as the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe, I think.

Deanna

duggerdesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duggerdesign Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:01pm
post #11 of 11

I use 1/8 inch wooden shish-kabob skewers. I put them in right after the cookies come out of the oven. I lay one skewer down at bottom of cookie and then lay the skewer I want to insert in the cookie on top of it and push in. This helps me have the skewer in the middle of cookie. I make my cookies about 7/16 inch thick. (When I roll the dough out I tape two wooden spoons down and once my rolling pin hits them my dough is at the appropiate thickness. I recent found some excellent cookie recipes for cookies on a stick. (In the past the recipes had too much flour.--If you would like them just email me at [email protected] with recipe in subject line.)
Andrea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%