butrcup Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 1:12am
post #1 of

I just thought I would share this....
I bought Martha Stewart's Holiday Cookie Magazine today, impulse buy at the check out stand, couldn't believe I was paying 6 dollars for a magazine, when I got home and started looking at it I couldn't believe I only paid 6 dollars for it. I bought Christmas cookies from the Whimsical Bakehouse this past week for around 15 dollars from Walmart.com and this magazine is sooo much better than the book.

20 replies
JustJaimeLyn Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 1:15am
post #2 of

Thanks for the headsup! I'll pick one up at the grocery store tomorrow!

mamafrogcakes Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 2:32am
post #3 of

Yeah, thanks for the idea! I bought an $6 Appetizer & Dessert magazine and it kinda seemed to be a rip off! I will look for this one though!

southernbelle Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 2:34am
post #4 of

I too just picked up this magazine at Wal-Mart last night. Your right butrdup, I was very impressed with the number of cookies offered in this magazine and the really neat packaging ideas. Very will worth the $6.00.

butrcup Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 2:41am
post #5 of

I liked the packaging ideas too-guess what my neighbors are getting for the holidays?! LOL

ThePastryDiva Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 2:47am
post #6 of

I got the whimsical bake house cookie book thinking it was about decorating cookies not cookie recipes.

I can get those from the little $3.99 magazines that are at the check out counters at the supermarket..grrrrrrrrrrrr!

lol

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 3:01am
post #7 of

Fantastic!! I'm stopping by the grocery store tomorrow.I will look for it!!

butrcup Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 11:06pm
post #8 of

PastryDiva, thats the same reason I bought the Whimsical book as well- Martha's magazine is all recipes but it has tons more than the book-
If anyone knows of a good cookie decorating book let me know-thanks

cupcakes Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 11:35pm
post #9 of

Thanks, I am putting this magazine on my shopping list!

micfish Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 12:01am

I agree! I bought Martha's magazine yesterday and it's fantastic! I want to make all the cookies! GREAT photography!

lastingmoments Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 8:37am

cool i will have to look for it

TickledPink Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 12:37pm

I bought it in the Atlanta airport yesterday and it kept me entertained for an hour and a half on the plane. It's really awesome.

I think the idea for the gingerbread snowflake cookie can be expanded on. I am going to try all sorts of stuff with royal icing and colored sugar.

Cake_Geek Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 12:48pm
mamafrogcakes Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 1:18pm

I finally got this yesterday!! YEAH! What I was so impressed with is the little "guide" in the front with pics of each cookie. Kinda like my little idiot guide to cookies for when I wonder what the little chocolate so-and-so's are! Great guide!

Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 2:15pm

I got mine yetserday and it really is a excellent book for various cookies with fantastic pictures.Definetly a keepsake book!!

lilladycreations Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 2:34pm

Thanks I will be picking up the Martha Mag. this week. I'm always looking for a new Mag, or Book.

melxcloud Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 4:52pm

Thanks for the info guys and gals. I'll be going to pick this up once i get paid on friday (seems so far away!)

I bought the Better Homes and Garden's Holiday cookie magazine last year and was very happy with every cookie i made from it. So i'll probably be picking up that one for this year too. I think i've seen it out already.

momlovestocook Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 12:43am

I debated buying this magazine since I have her cookie magazine from a few years ago and was worried there would be a lot of duplicates. I like the way this one is laid out and the recipes are different.
I made the gingerbread cookies on the cover today. It's a more adult gingerbread since it contains pepper and has a little "bite" to it. The kids did each have a cookie tonight and didn't complain.
Anybody else make anything?

Sandra
ps, picture is in my photos.

sgirvan Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 6:19am

OK , Impulse shopper here icon_biggrin.gif I went out and bought it a few days ago. I have already circled the cookies that I am going to make. I made the "rocky ledge bars" yesterday and took them to work, they were gone in 10 minutes icon_eek.gif I can't wait to try more recipes and guess what everyone is getting for x-mas from me????? COOKIES!!!

CakesByEllen Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 3:23pm

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions as to where to find it. I got mine last night at Walmart in the magazine section. OMG it is so beautiful! I only wish I had time to make them all! I'll be happy to make a few. I also liked the section on how to package them to look so pretty. A totally stunning magainze, both visually and in content.

You gotta get it!

ashianadotkom Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 11:12pm

Has anyone made any of these cookies yet.
I looked into it as i was leaving the grocery store.
Didn't have time to go back.

AShiana

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%