Doll Cake

Decorating By Tilisha Updated 7 Nov 2005 , 12:14pm by stephanie214

Tilisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tilisha Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 9

I'm making a doll cake for my niece this week and was wondering how do you insert a real barbie into the Wilton wonder mold. Do I have to, once baked cut a little more in the center? Need a little guidance.

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 9

Yes you cut a little hole in the centre.Wrap the Barbie up in saran wrap around her legs and waist so that cake won't get all over her.Push her down and in.

Tilisha Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 9

Does the whole need to go all the way to the bottom? Or just enough to get the doll in? I think once I get started on it it my be a little more simple but just want to be certain.

Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 9

I would think not all the way.You don't want to crush the cake by forcing the doll legs down and in but it should work out fine!!

msty112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msty112 Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 9

I thought real barbies were too tall for the wonder mold. I've never tried a real one but thats just something i heard on this site. I think the wonder mold would have to be put on another cake. Not completely sure. Hopefully someone else knows for certain.

Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 9

Hmmmm.I have never tried this!! I always bake my wondermold up really high anyway so I have never had the "To tall" problem but I could see it happening.Good point!!

Tilisha Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 9

I am putting it on top of another cake. Thanks for bringing the too tall problem to my attention so when I cook it won't be a surprise!

mamastacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamastacy Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:28pm
post #8 of 9

i just did the doll cake and used a real barbie, i had to bake another cake for the bottom of the wonder mold pan . i also had to make the hole bigger for the barbie. theres a picture of it on this form.
stacy

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 12:14pm
post #9 of 9

Have to have it sitting on another cake bcause of the height of Barbie.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%