Cake Ideas For A Sweet 16 Cake.

Decorating By RachelsDelights Updated 18 Feb 2007 , 4:58pm by LittleLinda

RachelsDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachelsDelights Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 4:54am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone,
I am in search for help on my neice's Sweet 16 theme.She has asked me to make her cake.There will be 250-300 at the event.Her theme is going to be Angels.The colors will be Baby blue and white.i have search threw CC photos galleries but no luck.I have to make this for next year but i am in search ahead of time.I would appreciate any help.Thanks to all. thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 5:33am
post #2 of 9

How about a stacked pillow cake, you can make them in white with blue accents. You could make an angel and place that on the top or a few small ones and place them all around the cake, maybe some feathers (wings) all around the cake. just an idea hopefully it will get your creative juices flowing.

Erica

RachelsDelights Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 9

thumbs_up.gif Thanks so much neni. Sounds like a great idea especially the feather on cake.(Wings).I will keep this idea in mind.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 9

Here is a tutorial that a member did. Her angels are just beautiful! Maybe this can help you with designing you angel(s)=) Jen

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-57662-accidental.html+angels

RachelsDelights Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 9

OMG......NewbeeBaker,I have to say Thank You so much....I am so amazed with these angels.I have print them out as I type this reply to you.This is wonderful.I love the tulle idea for the wings.Also the lovely detailed faces. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 9

YW=) I know what you mean, I fell in love with those angels the first time I saw em too! I was so grateful that Torki decided to do a tutorial on em=) So thank you Torki! Jen

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 9

RachelsDelights, I'm curious if this is typical where you come from. Where do you come from. I have NEVER heard of a 16th birthday party for 250 to 300 guests!

RachelsDelights Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 2:19am
post #8 of 9

Hello LittleLinda,
In respose to your question. It is very Typical up here in NYC to through BIG SWEET 16 b-day bashes. Especially when we come from a huge family. My grandmother had 18 kids so I hope that answers your question.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 9

Thinking about it, there is a TV show on these days that has something to do with huge sweet 16 b-day parties ... and the bratty girls who are turning 16! We don't have those parties here in Massachusetts! I could sure make a couple of bucks if we did! Maybe the TV show will catch on and people will start having them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%