End Of School Year Cake Idea.

Decorating By LAA Updated 18 Mar 2005 , 11:47am by blessBeckysbaking

LAA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LAA Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all. I am a new member and have already posted my first picture. I really like this. I am looking for an idea for a cake for an end of the school year party for my 12 year (6th grade) boy. Something to celebrate school ending and summer beginning.

Any ideas???

4 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe make a sheet cake that shows kids running from the school into summer activities.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 5

ImageI thought your leprechaun was great! Sorry I don't have any good ideas. All of my school cake ideas involve chalkboards (are they even used anymore) and stick figures! Not nearly cool enough for 6th graders...I have seen cakes made to look like a piece of NB paper with a message written on it. I think there's even one in the gallery...

boysmomintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boysmomintx Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 5

What if you did a cake with blue-tinted piping gel on the top to resemble water and made a swimmer's legs sticking out of one part (like he's underwater doing handstand) and another swimmer in fondant with goggles or snorkle. Then, you could put a shark fin on top with fondant. You could put something cheesey like "have a fin-tastic summer" or something like that?

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 11:47am
post #5 of 5

the pool party sounds good I'd add "school out splash into summer"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%