Thank You Antonia74!

Baking By edencakes Updated 6 Nov 2005 , 10:23pm by sweettreasures

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 3:11am
post #1 of 20

Yay! The cookie acticle is posted and is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to put together this guide, I for one hope to be as good as you one day, and this tutorial will certainly help!

19 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 3:23am
post #2 of 20

Double YAY!!! Just in time too.. I have been approached by my realtor about bouquets for when her clients close! Thank you SO Much!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 3:45am
post #3 of 20

I third that motion!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 3:54am
post #4 of 20

Thanks so much Antonia.. your article is fabulous.. You went above and beyond what I had expected.. I know how busy you are with your business so this was so kind of you to take the time to write this article for us all.. Thanks again.. Your cookies are what inspired me to try my hand at decorating cookies.. I remember seeing an ad in Canadian Living of some of your cookies and I was sooooooo impressed.. Thanks again..
Liz

Cady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cady Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 3:57am
post #5 of 20

YEA!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 3:59am
post #6 of 20

Thank you so much for taking the time to do the cookie decorating article. icon_biggrin.gif

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 4:08am
post #7 of 20

You are the best Antonia! Thanks so very much!!!

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 4:17am
post #8 of 20

Antonia74, fantastic piece! You put a lot of work into that one!

Of course Jackie deserves a HUGE thank-you as well for putting it together and posting it for us. Thanks Jackie, yet another reason why we love you all the more! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 4:20am
post #9 of 20

Ooh! I'm so excited!!! Thank you soooo much!!

katiedeva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiedeva Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 4:24am
post #10 of 20

GREAT ARTICLE!! It is so clear & easy to understand.... I am sure this article is going to inspire "cookie confidance" in many many cakecentral members! Very well done... thanks!!

~Katie icon_smile.gif

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 4:31am
post #11 of 20

Antonia, thanks so much for this article! It's fabulous! icon_smile.gif

Much appreciated!

Mirjana

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 4:43am
post #12 of 20

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. What a fantastic article. This is what I love about this website. All this knowledge that people are willing to share. Trial and error are the best teachers and if someone is willing to share what they have learned from their trial and errors, what a treasure.

Thank you again.

Royanne

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 6:35am
post #13 of 20

Thanks Antonia,

I can't wait to try this...hopefully, I won't mess up.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 3:15pm
post #14 of 20

Antonia... it's great! Thanks so much. Just wondering when you don't outline with the thicker icing how do you do the cookie? Do you outline with the thin and not let it dry, then fill in or just start from one side and go to the other? Just wondering how you go about doing it.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 5:42pm
post #15 of 20

Your tutorial is very well done, very well explained. It is always nice to see someone take time out of their busy schedule and share with others, the tricks and lessons they have learned.
Hugs Squirrelly

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 5:55pm
post #16 of 20

Thank you everyone! Enjoy it!!

And a speial thank you to Jackie who had to make sense of all my crazy photos & emails!! icon_lol.gif

Peacockplace, I just emailed Jackie because there was a paragraph explaining my "no outline" technique. I think it was edited out by accident...we'll see! thumbs_up.gif

antonia74 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 6:10pm
post #17 of 20

Oh no...it's there! By the 3rd to last photo...it starts by talking about the #4 tip.

What I do is skip the outline, go right to the thinned icing. I pipe the cookie like a cinnamon bun spiral...start at the outside, outline and then continue around and around slowly in one big motion filing in...then do my "lottery ticket" shake to settle all the lines! thumbs_up.gif

micfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micfish Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:15am
post #18 of 20

I have been waiting for your tutorial...thanks, thanks!!! You are such an inspiration and wow, what talent you have, such beautiful cakes/cookies!!! I am so happy that you post here and share your expertise with us! Thanks again!
Michelle icon_biggrin.gif

antonia74 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:17am
post #19 of 20

I'm so happy to have found CC. Where else can you learn from hundreds and hundreds of other people who KNOW what works and what doesn't??

I've been amazed at all the talent on this site and I'm learning something new every single time I log on!

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 10:23pm
post #20 of 20

Just reiterating what everyone else has said. Thank you Antonia74! You've made our lives much easier now. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%