Mmf Question...

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 20 Mar 2005 , 3:05pm by diane

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 9:08am
post #1 of 14

can you use marshmallow creme for this? If so how much?
The recipe I have (not sure where I found it, I think on here) says to pack the mm in a cup to measure... how packed does it have to be?? icon_confused.gif

13 replies
sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 14

I have not used MM cream but some people have posted that the have had good results with it. As far as packing the mm in the cup, I just put them in and give it a little squish.

Good luck
It is great stuff to work with with.

flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 14

Veilen danke! (much thanks) do you know where the recipe for mm creme mmf is? I was just given a few jars from a PCSing friend and now that the cold is leaving and I dont need hot choc as much I dont want it to go to waste.

sgirvan Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 6:05am
post #4 of 14

The best place to find tips and info on the MM fondant is on the Wilton Website, here is the link to all the info you should need

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=77236&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Shayla

flayvurdfun Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 6:18am
post #5 of 14

Thanks again.....I have looked on Wilton...I was just wanting a recipe for MMF that uses mmcreme, I have the other.... no biggy! thumbs_up.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 14

hey flavurdfun, if you ever have too much of something and you want to get rid of it, ship it my way!!!! icon_biggrin.gif i'll do the same...since it's free!! sure wish shipping from the states was free! icon_cool.gif

diane Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 12:01pm
post #7 of 14

oh, and if you find that mmf recipe, let me know. i've been searching for it also! icon_eek.gif

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 12:03pm
post #8 of 14

I've made the mmf with the cream i just mix 2/12 cups of powered sugar
to the cream thats it. I did end up using a little more ps not much just until the sticky was gone. good luck tell me how yours come out

diane Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 12:05pm
post #9 of 14

what cream?

pastrymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrymom Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 4:23am
post #10 of 14

I just tried the MMF recipe from the Wilton site. I have only made two cakes before with regular fondant. Let me tell you, I LOVE thumbs_up.gif this recipe. It is sooooo easy to make and use it is awsome and it really tastes great. I made the large batch size with a full bag of marshmallows and it didn't take long to melt them. It took a bit of effort to mix everything, but it was worth it. Thank you Shayla for putting the link on your post. You've helped me and a lot of others save a lot of money on fondant. icon_smile.gif

sgirvan Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 4:38am
post #11 of 14

No problem, I love this recipe too, it is so verstile and tastes really yummy. On all the cakes I make with it, everyone eats the cake as well as the MM fondant so it can't be that bad and colors take to it very well. I am going to make some Easter cookies tomorrow and I am going to put some MM fondant on some of them to see how they turn out.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 4:55am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

what cream?

If you marshmallow "cream" instead of the "marshmallows" just omit the water!

flayvurdfun Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 8:20am
post #13 of 14

whoo!!! finally a recipe for mmf with mmcreme!! Gonna have to try it icon_smile.gif ~~~

diane Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 3:05pm
post #14 of 14

well, post the recipe!! icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%