Cars Cake Done And Probably Never Again

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 11:17pm by jenncowin

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all.. finally finished this cars pan.. it was a pain, probably the worst character I have ever done... but oh well.. or hey could it by my bulging 9 month pregnant belly finally getting in the way. At any rate the cake turned out just ok and truthfully I don't even feel that great about it.. My side icing started sliding and the eyes I couldn't get right, so I used fruit loops.. go figure. Anyway.. thanks for all of the tips from everyone...
LL

4 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 5

Fruit Loops were an awesome idea!!!!Looks Great! thumbs_up.gif Good luck with your new baby!!

sillychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillychick Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 5

Hey he looks great! It is hard decorating around a pregnant belly and frustrating too. (I remember having to write on a cake and not being able to get close enough to do a decent job) You did a super job and my son is here by me jumping up and down about it, so you have his 4 yr old stamp of approval - hopefully that will help you feel a little better about it~

cakequeen40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen40 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 5

I would have never guessed that the eyes were fruitloops. It looks perfect.

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

I think it looks great! My 5 year old brother wants a Cars themed cake for his 6th b-day in April, so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to just do the pan, or go all out with something else.

But it does look great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%