Double Ring Cake 50Th Anniversary

Decorating By gma1956 Updated 1 Nov 2005 , 2:20am by gma1956

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 1:32am
post #1 of 5

I have to make a double ring cake for a 50th anniversary. I have an idea about how to go about it, but has anybody every done one of these?

I will need to scuplt the cake and then decide what to do with the cut out part, so that I can keep the serving size up to the amount they are asking for.

Any suggestions or maybe you have seen one of these and have a picture or website to go to.

4 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 1:46am
post #2 of 5

So that you don't loose any servings...why not just leave the cake that shape that it is and decorate the better part of the top of with cake with two rings. Or did the customer specify two rings sculpted from a cake?

gma1956 Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 1:55am
post #3 of 5

I need to talk to them again, but I think they were thinking scuplted.

However, I have thought about leaving as is and building up the rings with fondant painted gold or something on that order.

I would only have to cut one of the round cakes to attach to the side of the whole whole for the basic shape of the double rings. I could figure out something to do with the little bit I would have to cut off.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 1:59am
post #4 of 5

Could you make a 3D "pillow" with some fondant lace and then make the painted rings?

gma1956 Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 2:20am
post #5 of 5

MrsMissey said:

Quote:
Quote:

So that you don't loose any servings...why not just leave the cake that shape that it is and decorate the better part of the top of with cake with two rings. Or did the customer specify two rings sculpted from a cake?

Here are my plans. What do you think?
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%