Should I Bake My Own Wedding Cake? Help!

Business By PerryStCakes Updated 10 Nov 2005 , 9:47pm by HeatherMari

PerryStCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PerryStCakes Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 9:31pm
post #31 of 32

thanks for all the input guys!

It really helps me to think this decision out clearly to hear all of your comments and advice.

feel free to keep it comin' icon_smile.gif

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 9:47pm
post #32 of 32

Okay, just to pile on some more..LOL! I would say in my opinion, not to make your own cake. I was not into cakes when I got married but I think with the way things went I would have ended up shoving my MIL into the cake before I even got it to the hall! It is such a stressful occasion and adding anything to that is not a good idea. I still wish we would have eloped! I look back on it and everything went so fast it didn't seem worth all the hassle (had a VERY hard time with the MIL. My husband and I were both about ready to kill her icon_mad.gif ). Anyway, just my experience. We keep telling my SIL to elope and save herself the hassle!
I guess it all comes down to how you handle stressful situations. Some people can manage things so well it wouldn't bother them. Others (like me) get stressed very easily and make things worse than what they are. I'd say, design your cake, go to a couple consulations at other shops, see what is available and if you definitely won't be happy any other way, make it yourself. I think the dummy cake/kitchen cake ideas other people had are a very good option too! Something to think about!
HTH,
Heather

P.S. Congrats by the way icon_biggrin.gif

P.P.S. Someone mentioned earlier in the post about people hassling them about how the wedding invitations were worded....DO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! My husband got a call from his mother after his family got the invitations and people were PO'd because of how I addressed the INNER ENVELOPE. Give me a break!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%