New To Raleigh

Decorating By aussienyankie Updated 6 Sep 2007 , 1:44am by hdmt704

aussienyankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussienyankie Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone, i am new and am looking for people to get with and make cakes, swap ideas and so on, i live near the triangle mall area i really cnat say whee, i have been here a few weeks only so if you are interested you can email me at [email protected] i would love to meet people and get out of this apartment...

10 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 11

Welcome to Raleigh! I am not too far from Triangle Mall myself. Let me get through this busy Valentine's week and maybe we can get together and meet. It is nice to have cake buddies. icon_lol.gif

jastaus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jastaus Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 9:14am
post #3 of 11

hi guys I am also right, right by the the mall hehe! Please PM me sometime!!!

mkmetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkmetz Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 11

I moved to Raleigh about 4 months ago--I live about 5 miles from Triangle Town center! I've just found a great store for cake supplies (boxes, boards, etc.) on Spring Forest Road. Can't remember the name of it--maybe Partytown? I'm hoping to take a cake decorating class somewhere this spring. Any ideas?

jastaus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jastaus Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 8:43am
post #5 of 11

if you are just looking for basic classes then the wilton cake classes at any AC moore or Michaels is fine. But for advanced classes... raleigh is very lacking icon_sad.gif

kris10rae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris10rae Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 9:17am
post #6 of 11

Another Raleigh gal checking in! I took Course 1 last month, and I'm taking the Fondant/Gumpaste course now at Michael's on Capital Blvd. The instructor, Nichola Williams, is awesome! She offers some advanced courses on occassion.

Momof4luvscakes Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 2:56am
post #7 of 11

The store on Spring Forest is Papertown. I go there quite often. I wish they could get the boxes I use (pink ones) but they only have white. It would be nice to save on the shipping.

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:03am
post #8 of 11

Hi All!

Another Raleigh gal checking in. I love closer to the Brier Creek area but like to get together and talk cake sometime... so PM me if anyone decides to get together.

The Michaels at Brier Creek offers an advanced gum paste class and an advanced fondant class. These are the only two that I haven't taken yet... just started a new job so don't have the time for advanced anything yet. icon_sad.gif

Gina

Momof4luvscakes Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:16am
post #9 of 11

Sometimes it is hard to work the fun stuff in! I used to teach at the AC Moore on Capital Blvd. but got too busy with my business and kids. Thank goodness I taught my 10 year old how to flood in cookies. She has been a great help this week with the Valentine Cookie Bouquets. I outline and decorate she does the flooding in.

aussienyankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussienyankie Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:48am
post #10 of 11

hey guys i have started a group we meet once a month to decorate cakes...swap ideas and so on if anyone is interested then shoot me and email

hdmt704 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hdmt704 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 1:44am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris10rae

Another Raleigh gal checking in! I took Course 1 last month, and I'm taking the Fondant/Gumpaste course now at Michael's on Capital Blvd. The instructor, Nichola Williams, is awesome! She offers some advanced courses on occassion.

Nichola was my instructor back in 2004. She was incredible! I took courses 1,2, and 3 with her and then made my own wedding cake that summer. I just finished the Master Course at Wilton this summer, and am going to be an instructor here in Indiana starting next week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%