Falling Apart Boat Cake

Decorating By m0use Updated 16 Mar 2005 , 3:22am by Lisa

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 3:05am
post #1 of 3

I made a cake back in 2001 that is a disaster- I even posted the photo in the Anniverary area- should have posted in the other cakes category.
I attempted to make a 3-D cake of a john boat for my husband's brother (Ben) and his wife's (Nicole) anniversary party. My mother-in-law had decided that she was going to throw this big party and have a dual anniversary party for us (my husband and I) and Ben and Nicole. My mother-in-law made our cake, and I made Ben and Nicole's cake. Ben went fishing alot in my father-in-law's john boat and Nicole would go with- sometimes she would fish other times she would just suntan. It was a very warm day that day and our apartment's AC did not work. So after getting the cake all assembled and having it look nice (and not taking a picture then), we went to run an errand (had to go get something for the party from the store). We came back and the cake had started to fall apart. I was just devastated! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif So I stuck some straws in and we left for the party. By the time we got to the party the cake had fallen apart more on the back end. icon_cry.gif My mother-in-law said that was fine since we had yet to stick the barbie dolls on it.
But my husband and I had been so stressed- me with the cake and him because we had gone to Sam's Club on a Saturday and it was jammed packed (he is not a fan of busy, busy places)- we got into a major argument.
Of course I look back at it now and kinda laugh , we were young and not thinking clearly. We both forgave each other at the party (after 15-30 minutes of yelling) and then proceeded to have a good time with the rest of our friends and family. Lesson learned.
I wish I knew then what I know now- there would have been a lot less headache.

2 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 3:22am
post #3 of 3

Oh m0use...you poor, poor thing. As if having your cake fall apart wasn't bad enough. I'm sorry.

I'm glad you're able to laugh about it now and share it with all of us.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%