High Heel Cupcakes

Decorating By cookie1212 Updated 7 Feb 2015 , 8:18pm by Pastrybaglady

cookie1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie1212 Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 5:22am
post #1 of 7

I am making high heel cupcake shoes for an event, but I don't know how to package them....HELP!!!

6 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 7:13am
post #2 of 7

Wow, that's a tough one!  How many do you need to package?  My initial thought was a box for two cupcakes.  Could get pretty pricey...  I saw one company selling 100 for $41.  Don't know if that includes shipping.  Are you making enough money to cover the specialty packaging?  My other thought was those small cardboard loaf pans or thick paper liners and the whole shebang in a lunch bag size plastic gift bag, cut down and stapled.

cookie1212 Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much for your suggestion, but unfortunately the cupcakes are due today.  I will have to figure something out.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 7

Depending on how tall they are and what the top of the heel is decorated with you could just put them in the bottom portion of the cake box and use plastic wrap on the top... or prop the lid open maybe?

Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Feb 2015 , 7:28am
post #5 of 7

ASo what did you end up using?

cookie1212 Posted 7 Feb 2015 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 7

AWe'll I had to get creative, so I had regular cake boxes and I took the rectangular cake board and I cut it in long pieces and made compartments out of each piece so that the cupcakes had there own space in the box. I fit eight in one box and 4 in the other. It worked out.

Thanks for asking

Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Feb 2015 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 7

AVery nice! I was thinking you needed to package them individually which would be kind of a nightmare.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%