Chocolate Ganache Cake Filling

Baking By sweetobsesions Updated 26 Jan 2015 , 4:10am by sweetobsesions

sweetobsesions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetobsesions Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 3:11am
post #1 of 3

ADoes anyone know a good chocolate Ganache filling for a chocolate cake? I have only made it a few times a while ago but I need it for this Saturday! TIA

2 replies
designsbykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbykari Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 3:58am
post #2 of 3

AI make mine a couple of ways. Sometimes I use sour cream instead of cream, I use sour cream with milk chocolate. It helps it set up faster and a lot of my clients love the taste. I do a 2:1 ratio, but to be honest I just eye ball it. Another way I make a ganache filling, and this my most popular...I make up dark chocolate ganache using sour cream, I then add Swiss Meringue Buttercream to it. It sets up beautifully and silky, melts in your mouth texture. I use this in my Oreo cake that is my roasted Vanilla bean cake layered with the dark chocolate meringue ganache filling, layered next Double dark chocolate cake filled with Vanilla Bean Meringue buttercream. This is how I always make it, sometimes I will use cream but I really prefer the sour cream. If you use cream it's a 2:1 ratio, but warm your heavy cream and pour that over your 2c.of chocolate, let it set up for a minute and then use a whisk to combine it. Let it till it thickens up. Hope this helped ,

sweetobsesions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetobsesions Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 4:10am
post #3 of 3

AWow sounds amazing! Thank you & this definitely helps! [@]designsbykari[/@]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%