Quickbooks Or Excel

Business By FavorChoc Updated 31 Dec 2014 , 5:38pm by cai0311

FavorChoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FavorChoc Posted 19 Dec 2014 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 6

AI set up Quickbooks for accounting purpose of my baking co. I want to track costs to individual jobs. What would you recommend Quickbooks or Excel? I have sort of played around with both and can't decide what would be most efficient in the long run.

5 replies
Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 19 Dec 2014 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 6

I'm getting ready to seal the deal with CakeBoss.com  - That's what I would recommend ;)

FavorChoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FavorChoc Posted 19 Dec 2014 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 6

ADo you know what the cost of it is?

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 19 Dec 2014 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, $150 and it includes the first year of cloud.  After that it's just $20 a year.  Way less than Quickbooks, FAR less complicated and customized you & what you do.  Plus customer service free... Quickbooks will nickel and dime you and 'update' you to death ;)

knight21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knight21 Posted 29 Dec 2014 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 6

Check out Craftybase.  I have been using it for over a year to keep track of my business expenses, customers and pricing.  Pricing is $8 and $13 a month, but it is available anytime online.  They have excellent customer service too.  You can get 10% off for for each referral, so if you check it out, please use my referral. :)

http://craftybase.com/ref/065a6809

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 31 Dec 2014 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 6

AI like Cake Boss too. I decided not to upgrade to the Cloud version so I don't have a yearly fee of $20 - just the one time purchase price.

I just checked out Crafty Base. It looks okay, but I like that Cake Boss allows me to easy create recipes and tells me the cost. And Cake Boss is great at converting the cost of my 20 lb bag of flour into 1 cup per recipe. It didn't look like Crafty Base does anything like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%