Packaging Cheesecake

Decorating By kjewell19 Updated 18 Dec 2014 , 2:03am by georgiacakelady

kjewell19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjewell19 Posted 17 Dec 2014 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 4

AOk, someone asked me to bake her a cheesecake. I don't know her, she's a co-worker of someone I know. I don't want to give her the bottom of my springform pan so I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how I should bake it. I will have a graham cracker crust and I don't put it in a water bath.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Dec 2014 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 4

you might need to put the bottom of the pan in upside down to avoid the ridges but after baking/cooling freeze it for ease of handling and just slide it onto a cardboard circle -- you will probably need to stick it on a burner first to get the fat to loosen up for like 5 seconds --

you could also insert a cardboard circle in there before baking -- it will need to be replaced because it will sog out from the fat but that makes it easier to handle later too -- no it doesn't hurt the baking process or anything -- a for food use cardboard circle --

best to you

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Dec 2014 , 1:21am
post #3 of 4

Agree with @-K8memphis I always put a piece of parchment on the bottom of the cheesecake pan before pressing in the crust.  After it's baked/cooled, it slips right off of the bottom, and then I slip it right on top of a regular round cake cardboard.

georgiacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgiacakelady Posted 18 Dec 2014 , 2:03am
post #4 of 4

AI always wrap the bottom of my pan with heavy duty foil and when completely cool, I cover the cheesecake and refrigerate overnight. The next day I just peel the foil off and put the cheesecake onto my cake board. The crust is always nice and firm and easy to handle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%