Lemon Curd As Baked In Filling?

Baking By sjlilley Updated 12 Dec 2014 , 5:44am by sjlilley

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 12 Dec 2014 , 5:00am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I want to make cupcakes with a baked in filling and I was thinking about using lemon curd. does anyone know if that would work? I am wondering if it would just disperse into the cake batter as the cupcake cooks or would I end up with a cup cake with a lemon curd center?

I was given a set of shaped silicon cupcake pans and I want to make decorated filled cupcakes for Christmas.

The only time I have used them the tops of the cupcakes  rounded up dramatically. 

So I will probably need to cut the tops of the cakes off flat so I can turn them upside down to frost and decorate. That's why I don't think a filling I have to cut a hole in the cupcake for will work. I need to be able to make the top flat and turn it upside down.

Do you think using lemon curd like this will work?

Does any one know of a baked in lemon filling recipe?

I wish I had time to experiment and try out several ways and such but I just don't.

Any suggestions will be welcomed gratefully. 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Dec 2014 , 5:17am
post #2 of 3

i bake lemon/lime curd into cupcakes often -- usually cheesecake cupcakes but have used it in regular cupcakes too -- key is to be sure the curd is surrounded by cake -- i'm usually making minis so regular cupcakes should be a breeze --

king arthur has a microwave lemon curd -- they are saying the zest is optional but i always use the zest -- in fact rub it between your fingers with some of the sugar to release the oil -- when it's really fragrant it's ready --

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/easy-microwave-lemon-curd-recipe

best to you

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 12 Dec 2014 , 5:44am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much! These molds are a little larger than a reg cup cake so that should work out fine!

I want to use these pans as the lady who gave them to me is the host for our family Christmas gathering but of course I want to wow everybody with the flavors and uphold my reputation as an awesome cook too!  :wink: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%