Cupcake Wreath

Decorating By Rara Bakes Updated 9 Dec 2014 , 2:10am by Rara Bakes

Rara Bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rara Bakes Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 10

A[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3308668/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Hi everyone

I'd like to make a cupcake wreath like the picture shown but instead of cupcakes I want to use mini cheesecakes. Any suggestions on what I can use to top the cheesecake besides green buttercream?

Thanks

9 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 10

Whipped ganache tinted green, maybe flavoured too? Could be a bit sickly though on top of a cheesecake, you'd have to know your guests/public really to think if they'd like it... Whipped cream tinted green? Might be a bit sweltering in your neck of the woods for cream but you'd have to fridge the cheesecakes anyway. 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 12:39am
post #3 of 10

Dry fondant disks? At least it is removable. 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 5:02am
post #4 of 10

APoured fondant? Or whipped cream? In green... Unless you wanna display it for days!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 7:26am
post #5 of 10

I would use whipped cram, tinted green and maybe flavoured to suit your cheesecakes.  Leave your decorations off until you are ready to take them out of the fridge for displaying and eating soon after.  It will only take you a few minutes to add those decorations.

sannalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sannalee Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 8:45am
post #6 of 10

Id go with the whipped cream route, tinting it green id probably add mint flavoring with a dark chocolate cheesecake. 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 10

Green is a hard color for many people to palate. And to make it a nice dark green to be a nice wreath, even more so.

I would:

1. Make a green flat fondant disk, and decorate with buttercream or royal, attached with a small dab of white whipped cream below onto the mini cheescakes. Making a fully edible, but yet removable decoration. 

OR

2. Make the "disk" base out of melted and cooled candy melts or even a cookie, again, then decorating the top surface for display. 

Rara Bakes Posted 8 Dec 2014 , 5:54am
post #8 of 10

AThank you everyone great advice x

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 8 Dec 2014 , 6:35pm
post #9 of 10

I'm planning on the cupcake wreath as a give away too - the cheesecakes idea sounds yummy!  I don't want to over-green my friends so I am going to make a little test batch this week. I'm going to pipe leaves in white with green edges (you know - color striping the piping bag).  That way the wreath has touches of green.  I plan on adding red for holly berries and some molded chocolate Christmas lights.  In my mind it all works out - we shall see!!!

Good luck

Theresa

Rara Bakes Posted 9 Dec 2014 , 2:10am
post #10 of 10

AThat sounds great good luck with it! I didn't want to make it with cupcakes as there's no kids coming to the party so I wanted something a little more for adults so I thought mini cheesecakes would be nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%