Cream Cheese Frosting For Red Velvet Cake

Decorating By Kadesan Updated 24 Nov 2014 , 9:51pm by Pastrybaglady

Kadesan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone. I'm planning on making a two tiered red velvet cake. I plan on filling it with cream cheese frosting and crumbcoating it with my usual white chocolate ganache, then fondant applied and decorated. I've only normally offered my red velvet with cream cheese filling and cream cheese crumbcoat plain; to be refrigerated and eaten within a short period out of the refrigerator.

I'm wondering if anyone has a cream cheese filling that needs little or no refrigeration for at least one or two days at room temperature while the cake is being decorated? The cake would have edible images so I am also wary of those bleeding if the cake is put in the fridge. It's currently winter so the weather is very nice and cold.

Please could anyone kindly share a tried and tested shelf-stable cream cheese frosting recipe they use for their red velvet cakes. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you all :smile:

3 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for replying Pastrybaglady :) I  read through that thread yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone had any other recipes.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 4

AI personally like to mix SMBC and cream cheese frosting together because it smooths and pipes nicer than cream cheese frosting alone. It's an interesting idea to use cream cheese flavoring with SMBC though I've never tried it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%