Price Of Merckens Candy Melts At Wegmans

Sugar Work By Sugar_Bunny Updated 21 Nov 2014 , 5:48pm by Sugar_Bunny

Sugar_Bunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bunny Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 6:08am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone happen to know approximately how much the Merckens candy melts at Wegmans cost? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my while going to Wegmans or if I should order them online. 

4 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 7:18am
post #2 of 5

Ahttp://stovercompany.com/brand/merckens-chocolate.html I dont have a wegmens by me but I just found merckens chocolate here on this site for a really good price....if you buy in bulk...the 5 piund bags are $18 and the 25 pound bags are $54 or so depending on the color you get....if you buy 25 pounds of white thats barely over $2 a pound and then you can use candy coloring to get the colors you want...plus I saw a 20% discount on shipping on the internet. ...I think ill be placing an order tomorrow. ...

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 5

Those prices are good! Does anyone use this for candy clay? I have heard CK candy doesn't work as well so I wonder about Wegmens?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 5

The Wegmans in Boston sells them for $2.19 per pound. Call the store you would visit, and ask them how much they charge. Good luck!

Sugar_Bunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bunny Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I will call Wegmans for the price then. $2.19 per pound is a good deal! 

I only want 5 pounds so Stover & Co. isn't that economical when you factor in shipping. Thanks for the suggestions though. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%