Hi, I'm New Here!

Baking By cupcakegal1031 Updated 3 Dec 2014 , 7:26pm by Rawxy

cupcakegal1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegal1031 Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 12:46am
post #1 of 14

Hi everyone! I'm new here, I am simply baking for fun right now but would LOVE to begin selling my goods as well as branching out into some other baking fields like cake decorating and whatnot. Anyone else here start out just cooking for family and realize they had a real knack for it? How did you get your small business started (even just cooking out of your home)?

Thanks guys!

13 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 4:50am
post #2 of 14

welcome @cupcakegal1031 Good luck with your business, I just bake at home.  You'll find a thousand and one threads on every topic you're interested in by using the search box up in the top right corner of the page.

Cheers,

mb

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 5:12am
post #3 of 14

Welcome to the site of massive time wasting.  I think I am addicted to here.  Imagine all the things I could be doing if I wasn't on CC..  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

DisSweetTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisSweetTreats Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 5:33am
post #4 of 14

Welcome!! :D

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 14

Yes, welcome! And make sure to read the lovely thread started by @cazza1. It highlights the best part of being a CC member. 

genicooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genicooker Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 14

WELCOME, BUT I USUALLY MAKE CAKE FOR MY GIRL FRIENDS ONLY :d, HOPE U CAN RUN YOUR BUSINESS

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 14

AWelcome to cc.... Happy Baking! !:grin:

Abbyskupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbyskupcakes Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 14

Hi! I'm new here too! I'm like you, just started as baking for family and realized I was good at it and loved it!! I just recently started selling my cupcakes. Honestly, it started with a few friends and then its just word of mouth! I've done a few charity events and craft shows too! That helps get your name out there! Hope this helps! Good luck!! :) ~Abby

Samm09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samm09 Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 9:30pm
post #9 of 14

Welcome! I'm new to this site too but not to cupcake baking/decorating. My business is relatively new but I started out like you - as a child I loved baking & would always bake cakes for my step dad & now as a stay at home mum I found myself baking for my niece & nephews Birthday parties & any other occasion I could & even family started paying me (just for ingredients) so from there with support & encouragement from my friends & family went & Food Certs & permits to sell from home & here I am!

Good luck & I hope you can make it into a successful business!

genicooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genicooker Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 3:59am
post #10 of 14

:grin:

cakemyday13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemyday13 Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 5:09am
post #11 of 14

Welcome :)

anni23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anni23 Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 5:53am
post #12 of 14

I'm new as well :) Am wheat-intolerant, but that does not stop me from baking!

jul34es Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jul34es Posted 2 Dec 2014 , 9:28pm
post #13 of 14

hi,i,m new to this site and new to making cupcakes to sell,i do different recipes every week at home and have done for years but any extra cupcakes i made i took in work and was told there always lovely so started to make them for friends etc and i,ve had quite a few orders and more to come :smile:

Rawxy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rawxy Posted 3 Dec 2014 , 7:26pm
post #14 of 14

Hi and welcome!

You'll find very useful tips and suggestions from all the nice people here @ CC.

Well, I started off by making treats for my nephews and niece's birthdays (I've always loved baking cookies and cakes and all the yummy goodies I could) then started bringing them to my office, everyone started saying that I should totally sell my goodies and whatnot, so yeah, I kinda started with the people @ my office, I would bake cookies and put them in little bags with 3 ea and sold them here, so after that some of my co-workers started asking if I would bake a cake for parties and stuff.

I opened up a FB page just for that, and let me tell you that has helped a lot! I get up to 12 orders every week, ranging from cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, cake pops, etc.. (12 is my limit since I do have my full time job from 7:30 to 5:30) I don't considering baking or decorating a job, it really takes me away from the routine and I get to do what I love.

But yeah it's fun!! I do recommend social media, there are several selling groups in FB that you can post and people can get to know what you do.

Best of luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%