Help!

Baking By easyaspie Updated 30 Dec 2014 , 11:56pm by kakeladi

easyaspie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
easyaspie Posted 14 Nov 2014 , 8:10am
post #1 of 3

AI tried out making a pregnant belly cake with a chocolate cake mix. Worked perfectly. My boyfriends cousin wants white cake and it's not baking right? It keeps falling apart comepletly... I don't want to leave it in the pan for hours because it usually gets stuck if I do that. I don't know why it's soooo soft. When I tried the chocolate cake mix it came out perfecty soft no hard crusty edges... And that crust was all over the white cake. I don't understand.. Grrrr I was so happy with the results of the chocolate practice one.

2 replies
bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 3

maybe a little less oil or butter. I think. I'm not sure. It works for my cakes, texture wise.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 3

Without the exact recipe you are using it is very hard for us to help you.  Most likely it has nothing to do with the flavor of the cake but something about the recipe that you are not doing right or the recipe is just wrong to begin with.

If the cake came out with a hard crust all over it most definitely was overbaked.   Sometimes that can be corrected by using a spray of simple syrup ( sugar water) on it.  Just mix equal parts of sugar and water, bring to a boil then allow to cool before spraying over the cake, then ice it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%