Is This A Different Rosette?

Decorating By mary-ann Updated 31 Oct 2014 , 11:53am by mary-ann

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 1:53am
post #1 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/3032532/a/3363963/buttercream-with-fondant-bow-and-lace-and-real-pearl-necklaces/

The rosettes on this cake look different from the tutorials I've seen. Is this because of technique or the tip?

TIA

5 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 3:22am
post #2 of 6

It looks the same as normal to me but with the end of each rosette extending towards another one so that all the spaces are filled totally.  Why don't you pm the person who did the cake and ask them seeming as it is a CC cake?

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 3:25am
post #3 of 6

Looks like the usual technique to me with the slight exception that some of the rosettes are larger, the caker just went around the center a few more times.  The other rosette cakes I have seen have all the rosettes the same size, this one has a few different sizes nestled together.

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 4:00am
post #4 of 6

I agree, same rosette technique but done in an almost shabby chic manner.  The goal clearly was not to have rosettes that perfect rows of perfect rosettes.  Definitely some just got a few more circles around, and there seem to be a few sort "swags" to fill spots in.  I really like the effect.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 9:22am
post #5 of 6

AIt looks like the buttercream version of the fondant frill cakes that are popular at the moment. It would be a lot quicker to do! The answers above are spot on with the technique,

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 11:53am
post #6 of 6

AThanks for your quick response!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%