Buttercteam Flavor Ideas For Marble Cake

Baking By catgirl Updated 19 Oct 2014 , 4:26am by vldutoit

catgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catgirl Posted 17 Oct 2014 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 8

AI'm making a purse cake out of a fudge marble cake. I'd like some flavor suggestions for the buttercteam. I bought Amaretto candy flavoring and was wondering if that might work. I'm open to all suggestions. The fondant covering the cake will be an off white.

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Oct 2014 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 8

amaretto would work -- i'd go for a mocha or a straight up vanilla buttercream

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2014 , 1:44am
post #3 of 8

amaretto is my suggestion :) 

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 18 Oct 2014 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 8

AOK call me stupid but I had to Google amaretto. Do you just go to the liquor store buy a bottle and bpour it in for the liquid?

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2014 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 8

i think you loose a lot of the flavor bang that way but some people make pink champagne cake that way and other cakes too i guess  but what i do is make a simple syrup and add the amaretto or whatever liqueur to that -- i just do it to taste -- maybe 3 parts ss to 1 part booze give or take maybe two ss parts to one part -- then i squirt or brush that onto the baked cake layers -- creates a lovely accent --

op is asking for that flavor buttercream and i am not familiar with how to do that -- you want to be sure you don't have so much that it gets hot --

but there is an entire world out there of flavored vodkas and flavored liqueurs to enhance cake -- typically i use white cake and douse it with grand marnier 'splash' (splash = ss + flavoring) -- i put rum on butter pecan cake --

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2014 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 8

and it is a pricey addition -- so adding it to the batter thins it out so much -- but adding it in as a splash is more economical price and flavor wise

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2014 , 10:40pm
post #7 of 8

There is an entire line of flavors that can be used in drinks, pastries, etc - something like Torni - can't remember right off for sure.  It's often found in the liquor or baking aisle.  I also think there is a candy flavor & extract in that.  

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 19 Oct 2014 , 4:26am
post #8 of 8

AI have to explore this flavor. It sounds delish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%