????? Beyond Buttercream By Jennifer Bratko

Decorating By yste Updated 25 Jul 2015 , 12:15pm by Cevamal

yste Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yste Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 14

AI hope someone will answer my question Im a self-thaught baker , and wanted to have great recipe i can rely on. I heard so many great reviews about Jennifer's yellow cake recipe. I really want to purchase her downloadable recipes but i have no idea what i am going to buy. What are the recipes aside from what i always read here on Cake Central which are Yellow cake and SMBC. Is it worthy for $29? What exactly i am going to get? Thanks very much :)

13 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 14

Beyond Buttercream's Base Cake Recipe is definitely worth it. There's a base recipe with numerous variations. And Jennifer walks you through the entire process, as if she was standing next to you in the kitchen.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 14

I purchased Beyond Buttercream  base recipe last week, and baked yellow cake ( egg yolks only).

I didn`t try her white cake recipe yet. 

Like you said, I didn`t know what I was buying too, but yellow cake came out  really, really good.

I only bake genoise types of cakes and  don`t bake  yellow or white  cakes that many Americans love, but Jennifers recipe well worth $ 29.00

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 14

I have baked it yellow, white, coconut, chocolate, peanut butter... it all was great... not sure which variation I will try next, but I am sure it will be wonderful...

Well worth the money for a recipe that comes out great every time...

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 12:42am
post #5 of 14

It's a mini cookbook, it's more than just a recipe. Very thorough explanation of why it works and what to do to get a successful result every time. Lots of variations and it's well worth it.

yste Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 12:52am
post #6 of 14

thanks for all the replies :) Did she also mention about different sizes of pan or how to double the recipe?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 1:08am
post #7 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by yste 

thanks for all the replies :) Did she also mention about different sizes of pan or how to double the recipe?

I looked and she does have a section on how much batter to put in different sized pans. It's done by weight because the ingredients in this recipe are weighed, so you'd need to have a scale to weight the ingredients.

yste Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 1:16am
post #8 of 14

Sounds great! Thank you very much guys :)

jenbug1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug1 Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 11:12pm
post #9 of 14

I bought this (well my husband bought it for me for my birthday!!) and it is well worth the price in my opinion! It is full of great information and great recipes!

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 17 Oct 2014 , 7:11am
post #10 of 14

I bought it a while back (even though I had the recipe that use to be posted).  I think it is well worth the money.  There are so many talented people who offer free advice on this website, like Jennifer, that if I can contribute in some way to them I do.  Can't wait to receive Mimi's books too!

yste Posted 18 Dec 2014 , 5:07am
post #11 of 14

AWhat works best for you? Egg whites, yolks or whole eggs?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Dec 2014 , 7:52am
post #12 of 14

I vote for the all egg white - white cake.  love that traditional flavor.

cupcakemama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemama3 Posted 22 Jul 2015 , 6:02pm
post #13 of 14

Do any of you have this problem with this recipe:55afdabf9a1ec.jpegit rises beautifully on the edges but I'm always left with a slight indention in the top. I like to have an exact 2" high cake.  It doesn't fall. It's just like it doesn't rise up all the way. The edges are just over 2" and the middle just under. Otherwise texture and taste are great. 

Cevamal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cevamal Posted 25 Jul 2015 , 12:15pm
post #14 of 14

I like all yolk. Yellow cake has always been my favorite!

And then you have the whites to make SMBC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%