Vanilaa Cake Recipe! Can Someone Recommend Or Share Vanilla Cake Recipe! Got My First Wedding Order! Thanks

Baking By Cakestable Updated 15 Oct 2014 , 10:20am by Cakestable

Cakestable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakestable Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 5

Could someone share or recommend a vanilla cake recipe? I got my first wedding order and I am excited and scared at the same time.

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 5

AI'm probably going to sound like a meanie, but why are you selling cakes, especially wedding cakes, if you don't even have a plain vanilla cake recipe down pat? I'm not surprised you are scared!

I recommend you start with @FromScratchSF white cake recipe or google Liz Mareks cake recipes.

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 5

AIn addition to the good advice you have already received http://www.cakecentral.com/t/599677/care-to-share-your-best-moist-vanilla-cake-recipe This is a good read. You'll get some reviews on different ones. That might be helpful since it may help you decide on what you are looking for. Or maybe not...you got the order already.....

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti 

I'm probably going to sound like a meanie, but why are you selling cakes, especially wedding cakes, if you don't even have a plain vanilla cake recipe down pat? I'm not surprised you are scared!

Dayti, it's a sad sign of the times.

Here's a link, best recipe for white cake @FromScratchSF

Cakestable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakestable Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 10:15am
post #5 of 5

AYes I got the order! They are my regular customers and i have made few cakes for them in the past. I am always In look out for recipes to make better cake. This order is special to me as this is my FIRST cake. So please don't assume that I don't have a recipe to start with. Thanks for responses. I will check them out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%