Second Thoughts About Modeling Fondant Batman Figurine

Decorating By julia1812 Updated 14 Oct 2014 , 11:14am by julia1812

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 6:17am
post #1 of 3

AAm making a batman cake for next Saturday. On top of the cake will be a standing batman figurine, about 6" tall. I decided to go with fondant (mixed with CMC) as that gives me more time to shape the details and I had great experience with it making a unicorn some weeks ago (well, which was easier because it was laying). It's almost done but quiet heavy and sagging a little bit

2 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 9:32am
post #2 of 3

AI would start building a back up right now. First do feet and legs, with either gumpaste or fondant HEAVILY dosed with CMC. Make head on a toothpick or without. Let them dry a day. Next the torso, let it dry a day or so. Then start to assemble the day before it's due, head on, arms on. You should be fine if you use lots of CMC.

But I wouldn't be able to sleep if I wasn't doing something about a plan B.

Then again, for copyright law you're probably better off using a plastic figurine!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 11:11am
post #3 of 3

AI'm thinking like you I guess, winniemog, backup makes me sleep better, lol. Just not sure if I have enough time (other work piled up)... That's why I thought I ask the experts here and maybeee get around it. Am always doing feet, legs first. Never thought of doing the head at that point. Thanks! Timesaver

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%