Numeral Cake Topper?

Decorating By Dollys_Delectables Updated 4 Oct 2014 , 12:49am by sweetlinxo

Dollys_Delectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dollys_Delectables Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 5:19am
post #1 of 7

AHi! A friend asked me if I could make a cake similar to this. I'm confident that I know how to do it, except for that number on the top. What would it be made of to make it stick straight up like that? I've done similar things made out of candy melts and/or white chocolate, but this is definitely not candy melts or white chocolate. Advice appreciated! Thanks in advance!

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3290391/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

6 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 6:50am
post #2 of 7

It just looks like fondant or gumpaste to me. Mix tylose or cmc in your fondant if not using gumpaste to make it stronger. Cut out a white 4, cut out a blue 4, stick them together with a little gum glue, and then let them dry for a couple days. Attach a popsicle stick to the back by with a rolled out a piece of gumpaste/fondant a little wider than the popsicle stick and gum glue and let that dry. Make your snowflakes so they have time to dry before attaching to the top as well. 

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 2:20am
post #3 of 7

A

Original message sent by melmar02

It just looks like fondant or gumpaste to me. Mix tylose or cmc in your fondant if not using gumpaste to make it stronger. Cut out a white 4, cut out a blue 4, stick them together with a little gum glue, and then let them dry for a couple days. Attach a popsicle stick to the back by with a rolled out a piece of gumpaste/fondant a little wider than the popsicle stick and gum glue and let that dry. Make your snowflakes so they have time to dry before attaching to the top as well. 

Yup! This! ☝️☝️

Dollys_Delectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dollys_Delectables Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 4:39am
post #4 of 7

AThanks so much!

sweetlinxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlinxo Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 6:39am
post #5 of 7

AHi I was wondering if you mind sharing on how to create the top part of the cake (the white part), I sort of have an idea but am not sure if it's the right way. [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3290391/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/quote]

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 3 Oct 2014 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 7

A

Original message sent by sweetlinxo

Hi I was wondering if you mind sharing on how to create the top part of the cake (the white part), I sort of have an idea but am not sure if it's the right way. [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3290391/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[/quote]

Measure the top and add the maximum you want it to drape down each side, cut a fondant circle that diameter, cut waves around the edge, and then place on the cake like any other piece of fondant.

sweetlinxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlinxo Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 12:49am
post #7 of 7

A

Original message sent by melmar02

Measure the top and add the maximum you want it to drape down each side, cut a fondant circle that diameter, cut waves around the edge, and then place on the cake like any other piece of fondant.[/quote]

Thank you!:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%